Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was leaving campus today headed towards my car and suddenly I saw a what looked like a deer just standing around. I did a double take and sure enough.

I walked towards it, expecting it to bolt, but it didn't. I thought maybe something was wrong with it (sick, injured, etc.). I called our campus police thinking if it was hurt, they could call animal control or something. The police office told me that there is a deer that just hangs out over in that area and not to worry about it. Maybe we should change our mascot? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
That's pretty cool - it seems to have lost its fear of humans. As long as nobody directly interacts with it things should be okay. You don't see that happen too much, maybe someone is feeding it and that's why it likes the campus? Thanks for posting that!

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hope people are not feeding it, that usually does not end well for the deer.
That's pretty cool - it seems to have lost its fear of humans. As long as nobody directly interacts with it things should be okay. You don't see that happen too much, maybe someone is feeding it and that's why it likes the campus? Thanks for posting that!
I have no doubt that someone must be feeding it. It also might be eating scraps left over it finds on the ground. Lots of food options on campus and college kids are messy eaters.

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
I was leaving campus today headed towards my car and suddenly I saw a what looked like a deer just standing around. I did a double take and sure enough.

I walked towards it, expecting it to bolt, but it didn't. I thought maybe something was wrong with it (sick, injured, etc.). I called our campus police thinking if it was hurt, they could call animal control or something. The police office told me that there is a deer that just hangs out over in that area and not to worry about it. Maybe we should change our mascot? :unsure:

that’s awesome! it likes those juniper nooks..btw keep a small can of Pringle's in your backpack, deers love em

·
Registered
534 Posts
It looks like it is hunting season, and the deer knows it is safe on campus. Here, they hang out on the shoulders of the roads during hunting season where they are safe from hunters and have plenty to eat.

·
Registered
534 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts