Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Disclaimer: Don't do horribly illegal things, don't do mildly illegal things, moreover don't talk about the horribly or mildly illegal things you didn't do.

So, one night I was waiting in my car playing with the Tazer settings out of boredom and I noticed an option called "Darkmode". This setting kills most of the exterior lights when parked and disengages when the vehicle starts moving. It's a pretty neat feature if your stopped in front of a store or restaurant and don't want to blind everyone inside with your headlights or DRLs. I did notice however, that when it turns off it says "Lightshow off" on the evic.
Fueled by curiosity and day dreams of hellcats disappearing into the night sky away from whatever trouble lurks behind them, I plugged my Tazer into my computer and configured a lightshow to turn off all the exterior lights. To my surprise, this worked when the vehicle was in any gear and theoretically work would while the vehicle is in motion (I did not test this).
A more practical use would be to set this up as a tail light and or break light kill switch for whatever unsavory reasons you have to do so. This can then be enabled using the quick shortcut of turning on your bright beams and then hitting the cruise control button, assuming your lightshow also kills the bright beams. The light show ends after the bright beams are turned off.

Again, I really don't recommend this this. For numerous safety and legal reasons it's a VERY bad idea. I just thought it was interesting that this was possible. If you want to add this to your James Bond apocalypse proof car, don't blame me for the trouble you'll get into along the way.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Disclaimer: Don't do horribly illegal things, don't do mildly illegal things, moreover don't talk about the horribly or mildly illegal things you didn't do.

So, one night I was waiting in my car playing with the Tazer settings out of boredom and I noticed an option called "Darkmode". This setting kills most of the exterior lights when parked and disengages when the vehicle starts moving. It's a pretty neat feature if your stopped in front of a store or restaurant and don't want to blind everyone inside with your headlights or DRLs. I did notice however, that when it turns off it says "Lightshow off" on the evic.
Fueled by curiosity and day dreams of hellcats disappearing into the night sky away from whatever trouble lurks behind them, I plugged my Tazer into my computer and configured a lightshow to turn off all the exterior lights. To my surprise, this worked when the vehicle was in any gear and theoretically work would while the vehicle is in motion (I did not test this).
A more practical use would be to set this up as a tail light and or break light kill switch for whatever unsavory reasons you have to do so. This can then be enabled using the quick shortcut of turning on your bright beams and then hitting the cruise control button, assuming your lightshow also kills the bright beams. The light show ends after the bright beams are turned off.

Again, I really don't recommend this this. For numerous safety and legal reasons it's a VERY bad idea. I just thought it was interesting that this was possible. If you want to add this to your James Bond apocalypse proof car, don't blame me for the trouble you'll get into along the way.
Old news, It came about a couple years ago when a cop was asking about it on another forum for surveillance and I think someone on the site worked for Tazer so the accommodated the request. And yeas because you can use "Lightshow" while in motion now, there is that. Incidentally I use it "Lightshow" on the highway when some jackass is tailgating to flash my reverse lights.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Old news, It came about a couple years ago when a cop was asking about it on another forum for surveillance and I think someone on the site worked for Tazer so the accommodated the request. And yeas because you can use "Lightshow" while in motion now, there is that. Incidentally I use it "Lightshow" on the highway when some jackass is tailgating to flash my reverse lights.
That'd get out from behind you real fast

·
Registered
28 Posts
Topic: "Tazer lets you do horribly illegal things..."

My first reaction seeing this topic come up.... "Good lord, I sure hope so!" ;)

...Incidentally I use it "Lightshow" on the highway when some jackass is tailgating to flash my reverse lights.
I still own my 90's era B-body Chevrolet. Back then they were as common on the road as the Charger is today for law enforcement. Mine is a black Impala SS clone. Going down the interstate on a road trip. CB radio in place with a whip antenna on the trunk + tinted windows gave the car a 'Fed' look. Listening to the truckers as I pass them at normal speeds in the left lane. Go by one of them and he eyeballs my wife in the passenger seat AND makes a comment on the CB about her endowments.

Now this pre-dates all these fancy electronic controls we have today. Two sets of relays were installed on my car. Wig-wags (alternating flashing headlights) and traffic backers (alternating brake & backup lights).

Needless to say I pulled in front of him and turned on the traffic backers. He flipped out on the CB and apologized to "the officer" for commenting about "his wife". He wouldn't shut up about it, so I took the next exit and let him get a few miles ahead, just in case there were any real LEOs listening to the channel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts