Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into the tazer to add to my car. I understand with the 18 I have to buy the trunk mount which is fine, but every time I search, all I seem to find is problems people have with them. Are these things worth the trouble? I would like to have the performance pages for the additional timers, and I like the idea of adding paddle shifters, but I don't know if it is worth some of the issues with things randomly seeming like they just don't work as advertised for everyone... just curious on people's opinions.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
I installed the tazer on my 18 scat pack and love it. No issues for me so far. I love the track mode and all the SRT features are great to play with. I have no regrets with my purchase.

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
What exactly are the problems people are having. I've had none. 2016 SPS

·
8,582 Posts
I just keep reading stuff about uconnect subscriptions and it constantly resetting. Sport button randomly not working, airbag light coming on...
I have NEVER heard any problems like that. Maybe try to find a used one to ease your suspicions. Quite often mods are a crap shoot. However there are so many members that have a TaZer and I have heard nothing but positive results.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Anyone have a link as to where a tazer Can be bought and a list of exactly what it does? And the op mentioned you need a trunk mount?! WTH is that? I have a ‘18 TA 392 thanks

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
Anyone have a link as to where a tazer Can be bought and a list of exactly what it does? And the op mentioned you need a trunk mount?! WTH is that? I have a ‘18 TA 392 thanks
Below is the requested link. They fully explain everything on their website as to what the tazer will do. The Tazer is installed in the trunk area. It is very easy to install as I did mine in about 15 minutes.

https://zautomotive.com/product/tazer/

·
Registered
636 Posts
I must be missing something......$300 to turn this off and turn that on and make this default so you don't have to hit this button every time you start to drive ect........but, no real increase in power or anything??
Why spend the $300??

·
Registered
157 Posts
Well if you want to spend $800-$1000 for a pcm and tuner to get minimal hp gains it’s kind of the same thing so $300 to access some things in your cars system that you can’t get now may be appealing to some. I had a diablo tuner and a custom tune on my ‘13 charger and I maybe gained 15hp so that’s not worth it to me this time around and I thought about the tazer too and decided that’s it’s not worth it to me either as I don’t really care about making my lights flash and getting my seat toe automatically move back and forth. My point is some may feel it’s what they want and others may not.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Depending on year and model the availability of features can be quite extensive and appealing. For me there were several nice to have options opened up that combined made it worth it to me. I mean, I know guys spending the same or more on a shifter or completely cosmetic mods. At least this actually adds functional features.

·
8,582 Posts
There are many other features to the Tazer. I would rather have a Tazer that Hood pins and interior piping.

·
Registered
157 Posts
You take that back!!! Lol my factory hood pins are awesome but to each their own right? Some like the features of the tazer and some don’t see a need for them while some do.

·
Premium Member
342 Posts
The original posts asked “is it worth it”.

That is a question we will all have to ask ourselves. For me the ability to open up all the SRT pages and Track mode is worth it alone. You can also adjust your shift points in the transmission. This can be valuable for those that like to tinker with things and try to optimize their cars performance.

I also like the fact that you can select the eco mode on or off. To me it was annoying that your eco mode would not work above 75 mph. With the tazer you can select the eco mode ON and it will work above 75 mph. That option was not available to select on my 18 scat pack.

All of this can be done without voiding the factory warranty, which is not the case if you use a tuner on your car.

That’s just my 2 cents as to “is it worth it”.

·
Registered
736 Posts
I installed mine in my '12 SXT+ last week and love it. No problems once I wrapped my head around the scaling function (my suggestion is leave it at 0% and play with the Drive mode firmness settings until you get it how you want it.

The ability to set your shift points in the Autostick mode is fantastic. I've got my Autostick settings dialed in pretty high (I only use it at the track :rolleyes:) and it changed to soft, mushy factory shifts to tire barking millisecond shifts right where I set them to at 6500RPMs.

Additionally, mine has a burnout mode and a launch mode (a function that mimics a trans brake, but it uses the ABS solenoids to hold you car at the line) that eliminates having to do a "foot brake" launch. See the yellow light light up, release the high beam stalk and your off.I haven't had it to the track yet, but I'm willing to bet that it lowers my reaction time significantly. My only complaint with this function is that it turns your wipers on until you release the stalk. :confused:

And, there are a lot of other functions and timers that I haven't had time to explore yet.

Plus on the newer models ('15+) you get some other pretty neat functions

So is it worth it?

Well for slightly more than a set of stainless hood pins or caliper covers you get a tuner that can really wake your NAG 1 transmission up, so yea, I think its money well spent!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts