Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Knight of the black asphalt.
8,582 Posts
You take that back!!! Lol my factory hood pins are awesome but to each their own right? Some like the features of the tazer and some don’t see a need for them while some do.
I love my hood pins too.
IMG_1339.jpg
IMG_1347.jpg

·
Registered
636 Posts
Well if you want to spend $800-$1000 for a pcm and tuner to get minimal hp gains it’s kind of the same thing so $300 to access some things in your cars system that you can’t get now may be appealing to some. I had a diablo tuner and a custom tune on my ‘13 charger and I maybe gained 15hp so that’s not worth it to me this time around and I thought about the tazer too and decided that’s it’s not worth it to me either as I don’t really care about making my lights flash and getting my seat toe automatically move back and forth. My point is some may feel it’s what they want and others may not.
Good points!
I always get a chuckle on people who believe their "hot engine air intake" will give them 15 or 20 more hp, it's a shame the gubment lets manufactures of those things make such false misleading claims and sell their product like that to people.
I put on a AIRAID "CAI" on my 2014 SXT PLUS 3.6 and it lowered my 0-60 time by almost a second, now I didn't do any high speed runs, so top end it may have made a dif but not 0-60.
I left it on for the engine bling and sound.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Whether you choose to go with a Tazer, New Unlocked/Programmable ECU, handheld Module, CAI, Edelbrock 6.1 Manifold, Aftermarket Headers, Performance Cam & Motor Re-Build with Forged Internals, Twin Turbo Setup, Super Charger, Pro-Charger, or two Fuzzy Dice hanging from your Rear-View Mirror. Or, (IF) you choose to keep your RIDE Stock...

These are all the things (and more) Enthusiasts do !

And, btw that's what makes a Car Show so interesting to some of us. From mild to wild, it's your RIDE to do whatever you choose or not choose.

As for the "Tazer" discussion; I bought one and love it! When I decided to add a New ECU (sent it to HHP for programming) and then disconnected my Tazer (boxed it up and put it on my shelf). I have NO REGRETS; it served my purpose for a bit. I've added many other Performance Mods to BOTH my Challengers (2009 & 2016), and will continue to do so, as long as I'm ENJOYING THE RIDE.

Do what's best for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked one up for my 2018, and I having an impossible time getting sport mode to "engage." I got the performance pages, but selecting sport on the uConnect doesn't change the car setup. But, other than that, works as advertised. I'll give it a thumbs up once I get sport mode back. Any suggestions from 2018 RT owners?

21 - 25 of 25 Posts