Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys im setting up my mods in " stages " that I want to do things on my ram express I put a part on her and a part there to get what I wanted but this time Im just going to order most that I want at once and just have the car down one day or so ... so here is my question my first stage is ..

cai,shorty headers, tstat, and prog. should I also look in to throwing in a 87mm or 90 mm tb and if so what would be the best for the car .. this is also my DD so it has to be street able but my stage 2 is ether a full zex set up or coil overs haven't made my mind up yet im waiting to see how I do at the track

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,897 Posts
Save your $ on the TB if you have a stock engine. The cost is not worth the little to no results. Plus, your intake has a 83 mm opening so adding a 87 or 90 mm TB to it is basically defeating the purpose.

Now if you do some engine upgrades like cam, heads, headers, supercharger, etc., then a larger TB would be more beneful as long as you open up the intake opening.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have a few mods, Leg Maker True CAI, RESO delete and Super 44's. I did some research and found that a larger throttle body would give a quicker throttle response.

I bought a TB from Fastmann Throttle bodies, and I was an instant differance. My car pulled a lot harder than with the stock TB. You feel it all the way through your shifts.

Here is some info from his W Site.

-Front Side Taper Boring: The opening of the 801 and 805 TB is Radiused and Taper Bored to almost 85mm leading back to the stock bore.
The 847 has had recent changes. It has the same radius and opening but now leads back to a bigger 81mm bore.
-Half Shaft: Modified Factory Shaft. The top of the shaft is removed providing extremely smooth airflow across the top of the blade and an additional +3.50mm more airflow at wide open throttle.
-(Optional) Backside Bore: I can also offer an optional Backside Taper Bore. The back side is taper bored to match the manifold opening very closely.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.