Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to the local Dodge boys dealer for some minor work
1' replace the RT front air dam with the SRT8 front dam I had prev. ordered and paid for, have the inner rear fender lip rolled up to provide clearance and have the front shock tower brace added
After having my car a week (this was waiting for the parts to come in before I dropped it off) they tell me the car is ready except they decided they could not roll the inner lips and the shock tower would not work as it bumped in to the engine cover
I said what ever and went to pick up my car
I paid for the "work" and went to get into my car
BTW all chips and dings had been removed 2 weeks before.
Then I saw it my whole rear fascia had about chips taken out of it and a 4 inch slice all the way thru the fascia
Body shop guy claimed that it was not his fault and the car never left the one bay
It was the car wash bay
After much discussion it was decided to paint the whole fascia unlike the spot by the gash his first offer
I did buy the flat black trim piece on the rear fascia
They have had it for about a week now no real promise to when I will get it back

·
Registered
313 Posts
1st mistake is going to the dealer for any work, any changes that are not specifically, "stock". Lesson learned the hard way (as most of us do)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, but I should have ran when the parts guys did not know what a shaker hood was (that pointed to the pro stock and asked if it was it)
I said no and then mentioned Dick Landy and Sox and Martin and you could hear the crickets

·
Registered
313 Posts
Lol, they were probably a little before his time, and he doesn't know MOPAR or drag racing history. Betcha if you had said "Justin Bieber", he'd have known who you were talking about!! As far as not knowing what a shaker is: that is just plain ridiculous. There are shakers on Mustangs, Torinos, Trans Ams, 74 GTO's, Challengers and Cuda's - any car guy knows what a shaker is. Should of had a "stupid" sign, and say : "Here's your sign!!":D

Reactions: jklotz10

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Many dealers don't have a clue, don't care, have stupid people working for them, and the list goes on and on. Once in a while you'll find a good dealer though. We have one in our area for example that sells a lot of Challengers. Many of their guys have Challengers of their own and they know these cars and care about them and the customers as well. They have a few cruises and shows throughout the year and have even picked up the tab for everyone's food one time on a cruise to a popular restaurant in New Buffalo, Mi. -- Rare indeed !!

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Many dealers don't have a clue, don't care, have stupid people working for them, and the list goes on and on. Once in a while you'll find a good dealer though.
I agree. I had an electrical problem with my son's 2006 Wrangler Unlimited, kept getting a check engine light. I narrowed it down to a computer issue or wiring. I was told if it is a computer, the new computer would need to be installed and updated by the dealer.Took it to the dealer, told them what I narrowed it down to. Long story short, I pretty much had to show the mechanic how to use a Megger to check the wiring and found the three chaffed wires for him. They were in a wire bundle that runs OVER the air condition receiver/dryer. The best part, auto mechanics get paid more than most aircraft mechanics I know.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Funny I pulled my srt up to a dealership in Germany and the head mechanic came out to look at my problem, and stopped to ask who did such a good job with the mustang stripes....... I said hang on and smoked the tires out of the parking lot, never to return. How can you sell/maintenance at any dealership and not know anything about current models, let alone history?! For the price we pay its getting ridiculous! My buddy has the cheapest hummer and when he brings it in they immediately just hand him keys for a similar model he can enjoy until they are done, how come we don't have anything close to this?

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yep, but I should have ran when the parts guys did not know what a shaker hood was (that pointed to the pro stock and asked if it was it)
I said no and then mentioned Dick Landy and Sox and Martin and you could hear the crickets
Thats funny, Same way at the radio shack stores, you could go in and as for a part and they knew what it was , now it's all about cell phones, their new slogan should be You have questions... we got dumb looks on our faces

·
Registered
19 Posts
If you care about your car that much, the first mistake is taking it to anyone you don't know, especially a dealer. Usually dealers get the runts to work on the cars behind the scenes and they are somewhat careless. Unless you have a HIGH end reputable car like an Audi or BMW, they will not take extreme care when doing work on your car.

My mistake was going to Ziebart for the Diamond Gloss coating. While the coating itself looks great, the mistake was taking it to that location. They left a TON of swirl marks, clearly visible in the direct sunlight all over the entire body. Most likely from either washing it or wiping it down with a crappy rag. Even if they used microfiber, there's no way to tell if it's not covered in dirt, or how they wash/treat the towels. Some towels also have hemmed edges or tags that should NEVER touch your paint.

If it's a simple enough mod, you should try doing it yourself. While it does take some time if you haven't done it before, to learn the ins and outs of taking the car apart, it is definitely worth knowing you did quality work and you didn't break or scratch anything.

Even my old Mazda was at the dealer at one point for some work, and they chipped and dented the rear bumper to hell, then denied everything saying it was 'already like that'. I've even noticed Ziebart had taken my brand new challenger 'out for a spin' because I checked the odometer before leaving it, and when I got back it had an additional 7km on it. There is no way it should have more than 1km on it from them parking it and taking it into the garage. They did not do ANY mods that required a test drive at all.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts