Dodge Challenger Forum banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
After test fitting the grille, it was obvoius that some foam had to be removed to drop the grille lower. Once the foam was sanded down, in goes the grille for some final measurement checking. Before going any further, now is the time to make sure the headlight doors have ample space to operate. More pics coming soon!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
Man everything is looking great! i would love to do one to match my black 68 Charger.
Are you planning on an 68 grill also ........ i love the 68 taillights you have on yours.
Thanks! I'm not planning a 68 nose version just yet but you never know~ one thing at a time!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Now for the test of truth, is there really enough space for the doors to make a full rotation?? I think so - - Yippie!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
After literally hours of just measuring and double checking all the projected body lines, I finally got the courage up to permanently bond the bottom of the grille in with foam (last pic). Next I'll start prepping the top and sides for some fiberglass work so stayed tuned for some more pics soon!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
The next step would be to fill in the top and sides with some really strong fiberglass to lock the design together. I had to first install some cardboard on the sides to give the fiberglass some backing. she's coming along nicey!

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Great progress!! Its awesome to see all the hard work that you have put into making this so far. It shows everybody how much work is involved in making a new product!!:smileup:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Great progress!! Its awesome to see all the hard work that you have put into making this so far. It shows everybody how much work is involved in making a new product!!:smileup:
Yes, lots of work, lots of time, lots of money and risky invenstment to boot!

·
Registered
191 Posts
great job! looks like more than 4yrs development went into that project!! great detail the best looking Charger ive seen Good Luck with your future promotions

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
great job! looks like more than 4yrs development went into that project!! great detail the best looking Charger ive seen Good Luck with your future promotions
You are right, the 4 years is only for the Nose so far, the rest tould much longer!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
The fiberglass is all hardened up now so it's time to do some major filling of the cavities with some sculpting foam. I built some cardboard containers to keep it from going everywhere, this should start to get interesting!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
I'm VERY happy to say that the 68 taillight set up fits very well and looks great as you can see! The weird marks around the lights on the last pic are just reflection from the flash on the chrome. I'll try to get some lit up pics tomorrow and take a few product pics for the website, and then I should be getting parts in pretty soon and will then be able to begin putting together a few packages to ship out for those who pre ordered!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Got the sculpting foam poured in, notice how big the sides expanded blowing the cardboard up away from the car! Once I peel off the cardboard, there will be lots of sanding next to create the shape I'm after.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #78
Forgot to take a pic after the cardboard was removed, but here is after a little sculpting work was carried out - definitely starting to take shape!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
Here are some pics of the Widebody installed .He is still waiting for the 69 taillights, rear spoiler and Danko Nose to arrive.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts