Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Bad, Billet Technology.

I ordered a fully etched Mopar fuse cover. It took 4 weeks plus to get it, but that's understandable since I assume they are made to order. They also take your money at time of the order not at the time of shipping like other vendors with long lead times. I received the product with big scratches across the front of the fully etched M. I e-mailed pictures to BT and told them that I was disappointed with the scratches and their reply was not to be disappointed and that all their fully etched images had these scratches on them.

My response was to post warnings on their web site with pictures, so the consumer knows what their getting when they pay for this expensive option. I would not have purchased the item if I would of known it would have these blemishes. I asked for a partial discount to cover my cost to get it fixed from my local plating company.. BT response was that they wouldn't discount the product and If I sent it back I would not get a full refund , I would only get a partial (shipping & handling, $40). At least four e-mails went back and forth trying to resolve this issue.

I posted below the picture of what BT say is "normal" and I also posted a picture of the fuse cover after I had to pay someone else to fix it. I think for the kind of money BT charges they should deliver a product without scratches across the face, or at least warn the customer about them.

Out of the Box from BT:

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Welcome to the Z from FL. Lots of great info here. Enjoy !

BT does not charge your CC until the item(s) are finished and shipped. They do take an extremely long time though. I waited 8 weeks for something. If your not happy return it and call your credit card company for a full refund.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,019 Posts
Welcome to the Z from Oswego, Illinois. Sorry to hear about your problem. I also have purchased many BT items, long wait time, but all of the items were received in excellent condition and to my satisfaction.--:4-dontknow:
Hope you get it resolved.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,513 Posts
I can't see the pictures either, and I agree that the lead times are kind of long. However, BT does tell you to expect long lead times, especially with the anodized pieces.

I have only had problems with one piece from them and they corrected with no problems.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Here we go. (hope you don't mind, chukarboy).
Thanks for posting pic, not sure why it didn't show up.

Very frustrating, I tried to work it out with them. I've spent a lot of money of the years with BT. My car goes to all the big events. You would think they would want to do whats right.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Great looking engine bay!

Sorry to hear about your problems with BT. New items that are supposedly from a quality vendor should not have scratches.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
after seeing the pic, I cant blame you, I bought the interior shift plate from them, and it was a long wait, and not as good as i thought . they are over rated !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I received another E-mail from Nick C at Billet Technology. His official comment was:

" There is nothing wrong with our product except that is not up to your specifications"

I guess that means go pound sand. I didn't think I was asking for too much, a full refund including shipping or a discount to get the gouges taken out.

You would think that they would compromise since I've spent over a thousand dollars over the years and my car is at all the major events showing off their product.

Short sighted if you ask me.

I greatly appreciate ChallengerZ for posting this with no edits, thank you!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
That's not cool at all to put it mildly !

But I must say your engine compartment is awesome... really awesome !

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Billet technologies just reached out to me again and made things right! I was just not speaking to the right person. They are going to make a few changes on the web site and post my comments about the machining lines so customers will be more informed.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I like that!! [/FONT]

Every business has issues from time to time. What separates the good companies from the bad is how they address them.

Thank you Billet Technologies for addressing mine.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts