Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I went up to Sturgis to take a little road trip. Too hot outside at home! A little cooler in the Hills. After getting my car serviced in Rapid City, it was only a 25 mile drive. Here are some fun photos from yesterday.
Photo # 1 & 2 - A couple of welcoming signs of Sturgis.
Photo # 3 & 4 - The Indian Motorcyles!
Photo # 5 & 6 - Downtown Sturgis has lots of t-shirt shops, had to buy one!

Another post to follow with the remaining pictures.

Attachments

Reactions: wyo.hemi

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
How nice, i would have loved to be there :smileup:

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are too many bars downtown to mention, but I caught a few photos of one of them.
Photos #7 & 8 - One Eyed Jack's Saloon. No, I didn't go out to the Buffalo Chip Campground or Full Throttle Saloon. I hear they use live donkeys to serve drinks!
Photos & 9 & 10 - This was a great billboard of the rally from a previous year. I don't know how they got all those people to pose for that photo!! As you can see, the downtown gets a little crazy!
Photos 11 & 12 - This first photo is of the Harley dealership and tent. My final picture is of this cool gas station, that caters to the bikers.

I really enjoyed this short afternoon drive. I probably won't get up there during the rally, which starts on August 4th. I would worry about my car too much!
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,516 Posts
Betty, JZBLBBY fits right in! You should have gotten some good gawk! Loved the moonshine banner!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I forgot to mention, the performers coming to Sturgis: Motley Crue, Alice Cooper, and Lynyrd Skynryd. They always seem to get the big names, especially for us old rockers!

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,655 Posts
Very cool, the hills are alive with the sounds of Harleys and others.

·
Registered
22,663 Posts
I've been through Sturgis during bike week a few times over the years, I was generally just passing through not going specifically for the show but it made for some interesting sights.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I have been to the rally 14 times in the last 18 years. I will not be able to attend this year due to my 4th grandbaby being born. If your in the area have a beer for me in the Dungeon Bar. Thanks.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have been to the rally 14 times in the last 18 years. I will not be able to attend this year due to my 4th grandbaby being born. If your in the area have a beer for me in the Dungeon Bar. Thanks.
Ok, I will if I get up there!

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
I've been trying ton get the wife to move to SD but she says it's toooo cold. I'll keep working at it.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been trying ton get the wife to move to SD but she says it's toooo cold. I'll keep working at it.
Ha! You can tell her that on the way home from Sturgis my car temp. said it was 100 degrees outside! It probably wouldn't be that drastic of a change from where you live. We have four seasons, and winter for the most part is not that bad. December and January are usually the coldest. Fall is a very beautiful time here, and we don't have any high humidity in the spring and summer. Eastern South Dakota is a little different than the western area. If you want anymore info. just send me a PM.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Great pictures Betty!!! Your visual take on Sturgis is incredible. LOVE the pictures. Boy would I have given anything to be there with you....we could have had a blast hitting those bars!!! HAHA!!
Thanks for posting Betty!!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Great pictures Betty!!! Your visual take on Sturgis is incredible. LOVE the pictures. Boy would I have given anything to be there with you....we could have had a blast hitting those bars!!! HAHA!!
Thanks for posting Betty!!
If you would have been here, we would have went out to the Buffalo Chip and Full Throttle. Who knows---we might still be there!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
If you would have been here, we would have went out to the Buffalo Chip and Full Throttle. Who knows---we might still be there!
Oh we would have got into some kind of trouble Betty! I know it!!:smileup:

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Thanks for the pictures looks like a great time.

Take it easy
Jay

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks to everyone for the kind comments!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts