The day you bought your Challenger

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger General Discussion' started by coolbreeze, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Raycuda

Raycuda New Member Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Billet Silver Metallic
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Our Challenger is the car my son (age 22) drives. He had a 2006 Mustang convertible that we had done some work on. Mostly cosmetic upgrades. Well, his sister and girlfriend got new cars and he was bitten by the bug. He starts looking on line for a new to him used car. Now his older brother works as a salesman at a Chrysler/ Dodge/Jeep dealership about 2 hours away from where we live.I said if he was serious he should look at his website. Well there it is, a 2015 silver SXT Plus with navigation and lots of other bells and whistles, and only 5,500 miles on it. It still has 19 months on the 3/36 warranty and it is certified pre-owned car, so 7 yr/ 100,000 power train warranty. I called my older boy and told him the car is sold, pull it out of inventory. We bought it sight unseen this past Sunday.

2. Kyle Taylor

Kyle Taylor New Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger RT
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Plus
    Color?:
    Black
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Here is my story, I've wanteda Challenger when they where introduced in 2008. Been saving and had enough for my down payment for a used one. So I've been looking threw auto trader, car gurus, auto list for that perfect car. I'm in upstate NY found a black 2014 Challenger classic with the red stripe with 19500 miles in PA 420 miles away. I talked to the dealer and expresses to him i wanted a car with no scratches, dents, chips etc. That i am extremely particular. The salesman assured me the car was in showroom condition. So drove threre with an in closed trailer to bring it home since its winter here and I'm not going to drive it in the snow. I get there and see the car for the first and it was a major disappointment. Car had numerous chips on the hood by the door handles, and hundreds of chips that went from the front wheels to the back wheels on both sides of the car. I didn't take the car and out $220..on my way home only 60 miles form home i stopped off to get fuel and there was a Dodge dealer there and why not drive threw the lot. Low and behold in the back they had a 2013 blacktop edition Challenger 6 speed with only 7000 miles and this car was like new and absolutely popped so I bought that one. Drove a ton of miles to find the perfect car only 60 miles from home. Can't wait i pick it up this Tuesday!!

MommaBetty, coolbreeze and frankp like this.
  3. Saetta

Saetta Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2015 Challenger
    Trim?:
    SXT
    Color?:
    Stone White
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Love a happy ending!

Kyle Taylor likes this.
  4. TCosta

TCosta New Member

Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Contusion Blue
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Most of my co-workers are gear-heads and I'd just roll my eyes when they talked about muscle cars. I really couldn't care less about it. Then we are all out to lunch one day at work, watching "Wheeler Dealers" or something the bar TV, when a Dodge commercial comes on. I just sat there staring stupidly at the Challenger like a deer in the headlights. Mouth probably open too. When I come to, my co-workers just all start laughing at me and one says,"yeah, I remember when I first got hypnotized." They all nod at his statement. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Was I really feeling like he said? I dismissed the jabs as ridiculous and waited for my lunch to arrive. They all just laughed again and went back to watching the show. The whole time I just sat there thinking of the Challenger I just saw. I remember thinking I hope that commercial comes back on. I even went as far as looking for it on YouTube. I did that covertly as I couldn't let the others know. After all the crap I've given them about their "money-pit obsession", I'd never hear the end of it. I find the commercial and turn the volume down. Trying to look innocent, I casually watch the car. I glance up occasionally to see if I've been found out, but it looks like I'm in the clear.
    Later, after work, I go to the dealer and inquire about the Challenger. I test drive one and swallow my pride. All I can't think about is what my co workers will say. I recall what one of them said to me awhile back.... "you only live once!" So I pulled the trigger and bought it. The next day I show up to work with it. A call comes over the loud-speaker at work saying,"will the owner of the new Dodge Challenger please come to the parking lot?" I started to get butterflies. What was I going to say to them? I've always shunned their type, but now I becoming one of them. I come around the corner to find my gear-head co workers standing next to my new car. Their grins said it all....... "Welcome to the Family!"

5. ply67cuda

ply67cuda Active Member Site Supporter Level 1 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger R/T
    Trim?:
    R/T Plus
    Color?:
    Blackberry
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Great story. Welcome to the dark side. It's like the Hotel California - you can check out any time you like but you can never leave!!!

6. coolbreeze

coolbreeze Active Member Site Supporter Level 5 Site Supporter Level 1 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Northwest Indiana--30 minutes from Chicago
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    What a great story!! Wife and I cracked up reading this. It was so vividly written that we felt as though we were there through the whole story! Great stuff and ditto with what Andre said (ply67cuda). :cool: