Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I held off for all of 1400 miles before I decided to dig into the engine bay. I started by adding LMI cold air intake which involved cutting the sheet metal under the factory airbox for clearance for the 4 inch tubing. While I was at it I went ahead and threw the 91 octane tune on it for good measure.
I have a feeling this is only the tip of the iceberg, as I was already seaching for strut tower braces, catch cans and Hotchkis suspension.:shakehead:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
39,846 Posts
Yep, I see many mods in your future. The dam has been broken!

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Great job on the install. LMI FTW!

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
looks great. I avoided this CAI because I admit, I was afraid of the install and the cutting!!! That was then, this is now so I wish I would have gone with it!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
It wasn't that bad. All I ended up doing was grinding off about a half by two inch crescent shape, and the kit came with trim to cover it when you were done. In the end I have plans of supercharging this thing along with uping the displacement, so it made sense, it gave me a nice reliable supply of cold air and the ability to go with a ninety mil throttle body.
The only complaint I have is that I ordered the kit with blue filters and it came with a red main filter and a silver vent filter. Such is life I guess.

·
Seeing red
14,951 Posts
Great job, Mike and thanks for the pictures. Nice to see you around the forum. I didn't know you had upped the ante to an SRT--good for you.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's been a while Coyote since we did that exhaust video. I haven't been around to much due to multiple deployments since 3 years ago, thought though, it was time to swap to the SRT. Haven't decided what I going to do this time around with the exhaust yet. Maybe the MBRP 304 stainless:4-dontknow:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.