Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... It's horrible down here, pollen everywhere! :shakehead:

That is ONE WEEK of "Southern Spring"... Hoo-freaking-ray! :smiledown:

So today thank gosh I got off at 4 and went straight home for a wash! I hate pollen!

You can still see some imperfections, but I took care of those. That's just right after the wash.

And here is just a fun picture I took!

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,887 Posts
pollen....I wish. We still have that other white crap falling from the sky and I have to admit....I'm pretty much sick and tired of it!
Same here this morning. Plus 40-50MPH winds and 20 degrees too. :smiledown:

Dave, take our snow and cold and I'll take your pollen. LOL!!! :gy:

·
13,007 Posts
Same here this morning. Plus 40-50MPH winds and 20 degrees too. :smiledown:

Dave, take our snow and cold and I'll take your pollen. LOL!!! :gy:
2X to that^^^^^^

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
It was really that cold in the northeast today??? Wow, the weather gods haven't been kind to you. We had 73 degrees today. The only down side is the bugs will be appearing. But I will definitely take this warmer weather. Cooling off tomorrow though.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Pollen is not friendly to paint jobs that's for sure, but Dave, you are such a good Challenger owner and cleaned your baby right up! Love that last pic!

....and yes, as much as I hate pollen, right now I'd take it! Three inches of snow yesterday, ungodly cold and insane winds today...they say Spring is coming!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Sorry Dave, no love here either :D, we still have Winter and Spring battling it out. Still 20's and 30's with some 40's coming soon.......

Good luck with that pollen...

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
The pollen has been crazy here.... every time I wash my car there is a yellow puddle in the driveway.....

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
A little trick for those of you who wash your cars only to have it covered by pollen a few hours later

Take some microfiber towels and throw them in the dryer for a few minutes on high heat. This will make infuse them with static electricity. Then simply draw the unfolded towels across your paint (use absolutely no pressure, only the weight of the towel). The static in the nap will attract the pollen off your paint.

Use this technique on freshly washed, or clean cars.

·
Slower Traffic Keep Right
5,522 Posts
A little trick for those of you who wash your cars only to have it covered by pollen a few hours later

Take some microfiber towels and throw them in the dryer for a few minutes on high heat. This will make infuse them with static electricity. Then simply draw the unfolded towels across your paint (use absolutely no pressure, only the weight of the towel). The static in the nap will attract the pollen off your paint.

Use this technique on freshly washed, or clean cars.
Thanks for the tip!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't even go one day with a clean car!

At least it doesn't look as bad as it was! And that's crazy some of y'all are still getting snow! Hopefully you will have good weather soon and can get out and burn up some asphalt!

And thanks John, I think I'm gonna give that dryer trick a shot... science!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I agree! By the time I go in a crack open a cold one after washing the car, the pollen fairy strikes again. I will have to try the trick with the dryer and the microfiber towel. Good God I am obsessed enough with keeping my pretty black car clean without this extra work. Okay, I admit I like it but the wife is getting jealous.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
I have to deal with light dust constantly getting on my car. This might work for that, I use the california duster for it. The duster is a good option if you don't have anything too heavy on the car. Light is the key. The duster should be used lightly on the car, much as John suggested with the microfiber towels. A good trick to use right after you wash the car----- spray wax the hood, roof, and trunk lid. This will help the pollen/dust slide off much easier plus protect your clear coat.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,093 Posts
Andy, You have a great looking car with the added benefit of white not showing near as much as the darker colors! We don't have this pollen thing where I live, but dust is bad sometimes on dry windy days. Bet you are getting anxious to drive it on a regular basis!

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've basically just accepted its Spring and most people's cars look the same here so I rinse it down knowing it will be back in a matter of hours. I just don't sweat it anymore.

I deal with dust as well. About a block away theres a brick factory and there is ALWAYS dust in the air.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
Andy, You have a great looking car with the added benefit of white not showing near as much as the darker colors! We don't have this pollen thing where I live, but dust is bad sometimes on dry windy days. Bet you are getting anxious to drive it on a regular basis!
more than you can imagine! We've had more snow the last couple of days again so who knows when it comes out of the garage for good. Glad I had a couple drives while it was nice. It's almost April though, so fingers are crossed for some warmer weather and some rain!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.