Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
I spend 12 hrs a day outside my house to work but I cannot spend an hour in a building with gym equipment that mostly healthy people go too. Oh, and I want an access and tax card to get a little bit of the $30k in federal payroll tax back I pay each year.

·
801 RWHP
8,180 Posts
Been there done that! I had to be towed once, dire straights when I hit a log and ripped the drive off my boat. I would have been in Davey Jones Locker if not for a guy who noticed me jumping up and down on the swim deck and waving. A very bad day for sure but there were plenty of good days!
I kayak fish now, now towing for me!
I'm a bass fisherman, myself. Never fished for kayaks. Sound like an Alaskan fish. Tasty?

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Was just at the auto parts store to pick up a giant size can of fix-a-flat. I use it instead of fixing lawn mower tires because it's a pain in the ass. So at the counter they got all sorts of phone charging cables there. label reads, "Gold plated for faster current speed and charging time." Incredible! They found a way to speed up the flow of electricity.
Actually, Silver is the best conductor followed by copper, and gold comes in third. Sometimes I just wanna scream.😡
-John
Would it make you mad today if I told you your statement is not correct?

·
Registered
218 Posts
My wife has a handicap card, I will not park in the spaces marked as such, I drop her off and wait farther out in the parking lot. Funny when you see someone take a handicap space and run to the store, makes me go huh!
Yeah, I get those looks all the time when I use my handicap, as I walk into the store. Been dealing with those A HOLES for years. Been left notes by CHICKENSHITS too.
Of course If they hung around to discuss my medical issues, they too would know my discomforts. A day at the hospital would be in it for the both of us. Or jail for me. Either one would be fine by me.
QME say's I rate a handicap, so I have one. I don't always park in a handicap spot either, good days...bad days. My medical issues are my business only.....PERIOD! :)

My R/T isn't my daily driver, if it was, I would be nervous wreck all the time. No matter where I had it parked. :)

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
What were you saying?

View attachment 252780
Been doing this a loooong time.
-John😁
Me too, but I'm not going to dig out my books that I haven't cracked in over 20 years. The way I remember it, the value is measured in siemens, not ohms. BTW, gold doesn't corrode...

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Hey Gila Hemi, I think the confusion lies in the issue of gold plated contacts. Especially in computers. They use gold because it is corrosion proof. (well, nearly) Put a bar of gold at the bottom of the ocean for 200 years and it looks the same when you bring it back up. But copper is the universal conductor because even 1,000 feet of 12 Ga. high grade wire will have less than 1 ohm of resistance. Even so, Some high grade stereo amplifiers in the $70K price range have transformers wound with silver wire. But you need golden plated ear drums to hear the difference in sound quality.
-John

·
Premium Member
3,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yeah, I get those looks all the time when I use my handicap, as I walk into the store. Been dealing with those A HOLES for years. Been left notes by CHICKENSHITS too.
Of course If they hung around to discuss my medical issues, they too would know my discomforts. A day at the hospital would be in it for the both of us. Or jail for me. Either one would be fine by me.
QME say's I rate a handicap, so I have one. I don't always park in a handicap spot either, good days...bad days. My medical issues are my business only.....PERIOD! :)

My R/T isn't my daily driver, if it was, I would be nervous wreck all the time. No matter where I had it parked. :)
When non-handicapped people park in a handicapped spot, I hope they slip and fall on the concrete floor in the store and smash their head open. 😡
-John

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
you know what burns my butt.....a midget with a cigar!
ba-dum psssssshhh

it has been a total of three days, three, since they have reopened restaurants here in fort Lauderdale. three days and already I95 is packed with idiots who couldn't drive before and have gotten worse, pieces of re-tread that have gotten bigger than a honda civic, and the garbage piled up in the gutters is immense. how? HOW?!?! people suck!
its also cause I have gotten older and more crotchety. I was at publix and as I am walking towards the vegetable department, I am watching two women go at it over a bag of lettuce. there was a bazillion bags in the display, but each of them wanted that one. as they are going at it, the stock boy walks up with a case of the stuff and starts to put it on the shelf. the women stop. so, the kind older gentleman that I am yells out, what, no winner? there can be only one, highlander. and the manager asked me to stop. I am going to curl the next person who doesn't take my side. maybe a full on military press just so I can have a laugh.

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I think they refer to it as "drippin" these days.
yeah but im old. dripping is something you try and find where the leak is so as to not stain the garage floor. hahahahaha

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Hey Gila Hemi, I think the confusion lies in the issue of gold plated contacts. Especially in computers. They use gold because it is corrosion proof. (well, nearly) Put a bar of gold at the bottom of the ocean for 200 years and it looks the same when you bring it back up. But copper is the universal conductor because even 1,000 feet of 12 Ga. high grade wire will have less than 1 ohm of resistance. Even so, Some high grade stereo amplifiers in the $70K price range have transformers wound with silver wire. But you need golden plated ear drums to hear the difference in sound quality.
-John
You're probably right. It's been a long, long time since I made a living in electronics.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts

What chaps my hide is not so much the handicapped parking (I'm not, my wife is), it is the lazy lard butts who take the electric shopping carts so those who actually need them can't shop. If I'm not with her, she has to sit and wait until one becomes available. My wife weighs a little over 100 lbs...

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I don't know if anyone remembers this movie, but, in the movie johnny dangerously, poe piscopo's character pulls into a handicapped spot, his buddy says hey we can't park here, joe pulls out a huge blue sign with a smiley fact type character with a finger pointed to the side of his head and the mouth all wiggly, and says I am handicapped, i'm psychotic. I need one of those placards.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I don't know if anyone remembers this movie, but, in the movie johnny dangerously, poe piscopo's character pulls into a handicapped spot, his buddy says hey we can't park here, joe pulls out a huge blue sign with a smiley fact type character with a finger pointed to the side of his head and the mouth all wiggly, and says I am handicapped, i'm psychotic. I need one of those placards.
Edgar Allen would be ashamed of you...

·
801 RWHP
8,180 Posts
yeah but im old. dripping is something you try and find where the leak is so as to not stain the garage floor. hahahahaha
I really thought you were heading in a medical direction on that one.

Remember the worst Nascar driver name, ever?

Dick Trickle. I mean, why not just name your kid, Leaky Penis, for phallus sake.

·
801 RWHP
8,180 Posts
Calling all cars. Calling all cars. Be on the look out for... now listen to this: Dangerously and accomplices dressed as nuns driving a sedan covered with... oh you'll love this... duckies and bunnies.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts