Dodge Challenger Forum banner

The worst thing that you can do

10K views 74 replies 34 participants last post by  Diehard 
#1 ·
The worst thing that you can do is test drive an SRT Challenger when you own an R/T Challenger. I can't think of anything else now.

#4 ·
Do you have a 5.7 now? I’m sure there’s quite a difference. I have the 5.7 in a Durango RT and the 392 in my SP. Different weights and handling, but very noticeable difference in performance.

Reactions: Kustom1950ford
#20 ·
I went from 330 RWHP to 510 RWHP huge difference still own the same car....

#22 · (Edited)
Theresa is right. I had a 12 SRT and then I test drove a Hellcat while getting the oil changed in my SRT.

Actually drove the SRT home, it only had 7400 miles on it. Started thinking. Forty-five minutes later I was driving a Hellcat home. Gee.............this sounds vaguely familiar to me.

Come to think of it I did the same when I had oil changed in my R/T and then purchased an SRT.

I think they did this on an episode of the Twilight Zone..can't remember.

#29 ·
the srt is such a nice step up from the r/t congrats!

Reactions: Texxxan
#34 ·
I started with a loaded 12 RT 5 speed, then I drove a friends RT 6M and soon traded mine in for 09 6M RT. The 375 is great for most situations and one of the best motors ever made IMO. I now have the scat with 485, next time I go to the dealership, to turn in my lease on this one, I will probably leave with a hellcat (as much as wife disagrees). Progression of HP lol. I remember when I first got out of college I bought a new 06 mustang with the 4.6, it had 310 hp. While fairly quick, probably a mid 13 car, I have progressed to 13 mustang GT, then my three challengers and won't go back. I have always been a Ford guy, I still think they make the best truck on the market. I also like the fact that the new GT is 460 HP capable of outrunning most scats and RT's, but I won't go back. The challenger looks better, sounds better, and has a great road presence, but I digress, buy what ever you want, it is your money, but for the money the scat is soooo worth the money capable of outrunning a lot out there while still getting mid 20's for mileage.

#35 ·
I went from 330 RWHP to 510 RWHP huge difference still own the same car....
Did basically the same thing, can't complain, the car has plenty of balls, too much for a small state like N.J.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.