Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im not sure if this is correct but from what i have heard and when i spoke to the spokesperson at the NYC auto show they said they aren't making SRT challengers anymore .So from that and the changes at dodge i came to the conclusion that they aren't going to be making any 392 SRTs any more just the Hellcat SRT?From what i have seen on the trucks coming from brampton they Only have scat pack RTs with 392(also 1 car with badges covered in camo SRT hellcat?).So it looks like you can order an RT with the 5.7 or the 6.4 scat pack which is really the old SRT with out the name on it?Does anyone else have info on this??:smiledown::smileup::4-dontknow:

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
No there will be an SRT Hell Cat and most likely an SRT version of the 6.4 but the SRT will be a bit behind the 2015 R/T in the production schedule.

·
Registered
22,648 Posts

·
Registered
22,648 Posts
I can't find an official link or article at the moment, but had recently read an excerpt from known insider "Resume Speed" that there would be a premium edition of the 392 SRT. He generally supplies good information, but of course until we see an official release from Chrysler we can't know for sure.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No there will be an SRT Hell Cat and most likely an SRT version of the 6.4 but the SRT will be a bit behind the 2015 R/T in the production schedule.
But why would they even bother making a SRT 6.4 if the scat pack has the same breaking system interior ect???I know it sounds weird but i think dodge needs to make most of the challengers(not srt if its a different company?) now to meet CAFE standards or some reason like that.Maybe so the SRT hellcat wont drag down the #s for the 6.4 challenger?Just a thought?:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
374 Posts
From reading what Resume Speed has posted, there will be a Premium SRT Challenger, with upgrades over the Scat Pack 6.4 Challenger, and there will also be the Hell Cat Challenger with supercharged 6.2 liter. Same for the SRT Chargers. We'll know soon enough.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From reading what Resume Speed has posted, there will be a Premium SRT Challenger, with upgrades over the Scat Pack 6.4 Challenger, and there will also be the Hell Cat Challenger with supercharged 6.2 liter. Same for the SRT Chargers. We'll know soon enough.
Good point about the premium package i forgot about that!

·
Dazed & Confused
36,565 Posts
I can't find it but I read the the SRT's would be the supercharged 6.2's in the future. Not sure if the 6.4 is going away or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts