Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Average Guy
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know the panels on the Challenger are easy to damage. I think the flexibility that comes with the thin panels may have helped me out! I too, always part in the back of lots. At work I have an assigned spot. The guy who has the spot to the right of me was out of the office last week.
Some D***H##D must have went to park in his spot, hit my car, and went on their merry way. My heart sunk, two and a half years and not a single scratch.

I was surprised at how well the "fix" went without body work. 3 hours of hard labor on the scratches and a visit to the dent guy got me back to 99% - I'm very surprised how good it looks, I didn't have high hopes.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,744 Posts
Man that turned out well, sucks you had to go thru this.Some people have no respect for other peoples property.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I'm not surprised the scratches buffed out but the PDR guy did a good job.

·
Business
21,327 Posts
The PDR guys are awesome! I had one on the crease of the front fender. Now I can't even find it.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,475 Posts
That looks great!! Glad it worked out for you!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Holy cow that's a big scratch! It's half your door panel! What the heck is wrong with people????????? Anyway, the results you got are incredible....looks like new!

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
its a shame we can't have anything good, I got my first ding yesterday and thank God my 10 yr old was there I thought I was going to loose it, so next monday when I'm off I will take it in to the guys to see what can be done. I think people see nice car and say I am going to mess it up he/she shouldn't keep that car so nice.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
I would have detonated if I saw that damage on my Challenger. I'm glad you were able to get the scratches out. Were they actual scratches or was it paint transfer?

·
Longing for spring
2,215 Posts
wow

Wow, thats like a magic trick, cant see any of the scratches i the second photo. Real good job. I guess you must have been close to a cardiac arrest when you first looked at the scrathes. I would for sure.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
OK, that really sucks. Does your company parking lot have security cameras ? Try and find the punk that did this to your Challenger. Do you happen to work behind Olive Street ?

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just got backed into at work Monday... Came out to leave for lunch the trailer hitch was pushed up against my front bumper... Needless to say I got the guys information and will have it taken care of shortly. Isn't really that bad, it's just the principle of the matter...

·
Average Guy
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I would have detonated if I saw that damage on my Challenger. I'm glad you were able to get the scratches out. Were they actual scratches or was it paint transfer?
To be honest, I'm not really sure if it was paint transfer or scratched, I think both, man it was hard to get it out!! I used Meguiars #7 medium scratch remover, then rubbing compound and finally wax.

OK, that really sucks. Does your company parking lot have security cameras ? Try and find the punk that did this to your Challenger. Do you happen to work behind Olive Street ?
They have cameras on the entrance / exit only, they were not able to pick anything up. No, I do not work behind Oliver Street, not too far away though.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Thats a huge scratch, and for the actions of other people, you can't fix stupid. Glad it worked out the dent removal shop did a great job!

·
Registered
575 Posts
... I think the flexibility that comes with the thin panels may have helped me out! ...
You are correct. PDR is not possible on older cars (~1980? & earlier) due to their thicker body panels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts