I been looking at all the mod's everyone is doing and I know there is no

way I can afford all that stuff. I did a quick count in my head and was at

about $3,000.00 and stopped :doh: I can hardly afford the car let alone

all these mods LOL. Oh and then there is gas and food and ins and them

other little things. I need to win the lotto :i_rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
^^^^ Thats for sure. Some have the means, some of us don't. Having the car is the most important thing, any changes are gravy.
I'll second that ! Having this car is by far the most important thing ! A few little mods here and there whenever you want is ok too. Remember contentment is the key to happiness. :smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
I can actually afford to do more mods than what I've been doing, but I'm pacing myself and doing small mods such as adding an oil catch can, quad tips, bright pedals, grill emblems, etc. There's nothing wrong with keeping your Challenger stock, and not every mod is right for every owner.

·
Registered
640 Posts
The car is enjoyable stock. Mods are simply an added bonus. I won't go so far as to say that some are a waste of money, but I will say that there are a few out there that aren't worth the money we spend on them. If I could do it all over again, I would save the 200 bucks on the CAI and just go with the KN drop in filter..

Reactions: oilslick

·
13,007 Posts
Be happy with what you have, there aren't any competitions here with modding. Enjoy the forum.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
29,024 Posts
Many members here have stock Challengers. Do what you can - or not - it is up to you. We are here because we own Challengers, not because we mod them.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
Keep the chin up and make sacrifices in other aspects of your life. Don't sell unless you absolutely have to dude. Do you feel your palms itching ? That's a sign good things are coming your way.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
dont worry Buddy ! just enjoy your Car, no need to keep modding, just enjoy, I to , have a ton of bills, Mortgage, my pickup. etc. be glad you have the car , My Wife always tells me, Shes right !!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
20 months ago we were living in a rented house after losing our home to foreclosure to Wells Fargo. Then, we lost our 68 Pontiac Firebird 400-4-speed RamAir III due to an illegal rear ending us. I've told this story a few times so I won't go into all the details. Talk about bummed out. Lost our house AND our classic car. All of this after finding out I was losing my vision which made me lose my career!

At that time I never dreamed in a MILLION years that a few years later I'd be sitting here in my OWN home, typing on a Challenger forum (of all things), discussing the fact that we now own our first brand new car, first new muscle car, first Mopar etc. etc. etc.

Bottom line, you just never know where things are going to end up. Thanks to someone at Wells Fargo forging my wife and my signatures and an illegal rear ending us at 45 mph while we were sitting still with a Sheriff standing next to us, well, let's just say things are much different around here now days and Wells Fargo learned an expensive lesson and there is one less illegal here in the USA (who by some miracle had decent auto ins. thank God)!

So hang in there, you just never know, and play there lottery, strange things DO happen. I have learned that first hand!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
All good advice here, just take it slow! You don't HAVE to mod, heck if money wasn't any issue I'm sure most of is would be in the $10k+ range! If you feel the urge to mod and money is tight just hold off, or do something small and inexpensive! Enjoy the car, the mods are just a small perk! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
NO!!!! DON'T LEAVE!!!! Just owning this car makes you a Rock Star! Modding is not necessary. Just spending an afternoon with your baby, cleaning her up and taking her out....that's all we care about here!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I been looking at all the mod's everyone is doing and I know there is no

way I can afford all that stuff. I did a quick count in my head and was at

about $3,000.00 and stopped :doh: I can hardly afford the car let alone

all these mods LOL. Oh and then there is gas and food and ins and them

other little things. I need to win the lotto :i_rolleyes:

Be patiant, your still young and have plenty of time to mod. Our cars are great stock or modded. From my expeirience with other vehicales I have owned is : there is always someone faster. I used to get consumed with supercharging my mustang and after a few years I was able to so. It was fast and fun.......but you get used to the power and want more. For me it was a neverending cylce and I got to a point where I had to tell myself enough is enough. In my opinion a catback exhaust would be good for a better sound, the Intune kinda wakes up the car a little. Anything else except a supercharger is just not worth the money for performance. Like everyone else said; just enjoy the car and do what you can.

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
I'll chime in here too...

Be careful you don't make the mistake of ever having to say, "Damn, I could have kept that car if only..."

You can have a great looking ride with just elbow grease. Wax those wheels. Put multiple coats of wax on the paint. Your car can "seem" outrageously modified just by the way it looks and how you take care of it. Even the attitude you drive with makes a difference.

Hang in there... Better days are coming!

-John

·
Registered
12,278 Posts
Most of us didn't go all out and do all the mods right away. Save up and get some things over time. Hopefully you'll be driving the car for a while so there is no rush.............one bit of advice: DO NOT rack up the credit card charging mods. That's like borrowing a case of beer - when it's gone and you want more you still have to pay for the last one.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
I can actually afford to do more mods than what I've been doing, but I'm pacing myself and doing small mods such as adding an oil catch can, quad tips, bright pedals, grill emblems, etc. There's nothing wrong with keeping your Challenger stock, and not every mod is right for every owner.
I am the same way. If I do all the Mods now, I will not have anything to do when I retire in 10 years or when the kids leave the house in a couple of years.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
31,087 Posts
Don't think the forum is just for people who mod their Challengers! I will probably leave mine stock for the most part. I just bought some piping and it is about the cheapest thing to add to your car. Under $10 shipped!! It doesn't take away from the joy of driving it! I just got myself blinged out in Jazz Blue and the joy of driving the car today is all I need. Who knew it could be so much fun to go to the dentist!! When the girls at the dentist's office see me, they will think I have gone totally nuts. Well, maybe I am a little nuts when it comes to my Challenger!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.