Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I visited the Sta-Bil website and read their white paper on ethanol mixed fuels (from which I already have a good general background having read several informative threads on pure gas, top tier gasolines, and the evils of ethanol mixed fuels here on the Z). They present a credible study on the long term potential damage resulting from the use of ethanol fuels. Here in So-Cal, we don't have an abundance of pure gas filling stations, so I have taken care to fill up my Challenger with Shell branded, nitrogen enriched gasoline.

I have to admit that prior to reading the Sta-Bil white paper, I never investigated the benefits of using Shell's nitrogen gasoline, but I did visit their website today to compare the benefits. What I read were claims that the nitrogen enrichment cleans out existing gunk and prevents the buildup of the same over time, in essence, duplicating many of Sta-Bil's claims. What Shell did not claim the elimination or reduction of water corrosion that Sta-Bil is supposed to prevent as well. That alone would justify my purchase and regular use of Sta-Bil although I feel that Shell (or any oil refiner) would never make the anti-corrosion claim since that would also discredit their primary fuel product.

But my question is how many fuel additives are safe to use concurrently in your vehicle, and/or when does it simply become overkill? I know that there is no real performance enhancement from using these products, I just want to keep the engine free of corrosion and buildup.

·
Registered
229 Posts
fuel additives

I use the startron fuel additive in my car for summer and then winter storage.Ive been using this stuff for 12ys in my boats outboard motor. 2yrs ago when my boat would not start I took all four carbs apart to replace the floats inside. the carbs looked like they were brand new inside and this boat sits a lot. I now use it in every gas powered motor I have .

·
Registered
490 Posts
X2 on the startron! only thing I use! Was turned on to it on one of the vintage vw forums and use it in my 68 beetle every tank full year round. Now, I too, use it in every motor I have from the challenger all the way down to the weed eater.
You can pick it up at auto zone. Oh, and to answer you question, definitely use it. It causes no harm and the benefits are many.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.