Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a BBK 85mm TB, after bolting it up to see how close it was I scribed a line from the inside of the TB and tried to use a blue marker at first. Most of the intake say from 9:00 to around 1:00 want just find but around 4:00 it's a wall. Packed a cloth in the intake and used a drill with a drum sander and smoothed the transition from TB to intake. Vacuumed everything
20160427_141716.jpg
20160427_141727.jpg
20160427_144205.jpg
20160427_144213.jpg
20160427_144217.jpg

·
Registered
22,226 Posts
Nice job on the intake :cool:. That's certainly a bottle neck spot when going to the larger TB's.

Reactions: saitoking

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The smallest area was the opening past that It is fine. I was ready surprised at how rough and uneven the cast aluminum is on the inside. Sure could use a extruded honing of the whole intake or at least a good smoothing over.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Great job, did you feel any difference with the butt dyno?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Great job, did you feel any difference with the butt dyno?
You know funny thing the BBK it ran like shit so I dumped it. Idle would hunt, pulled a ETC code, it would delay worse than it did before the install. But knocking those high spots down and reinstalling my OEM throttle body it ran great. Could swear it felt better. hehe Not sure I want to try another BBK.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You know funny thing the BBK it ran like shit so I dumped it. Idle would hunt, pulled a ETC code, it would delay worse than it did before the install. But knocking those high spots down and reinstalling my OEM throttle body it ran great. Could swear it felt better. hehe Not sure I want to try another BBK.
Well that sucks, sorry to hear that.

·
Premium Member
12,168 Posts
Nice job on the DIY "port and polish"....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts