Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided it to finally get a custom tune for my 300 S. Contacted Hemifever and got his 93 tune. Loaded the tune just like I have many times before, reset all changed parameters and proceed. Big difference, no comparison to the to canned tunes. In fact, it was such a big difference that I had to back the throttle boost down a little. Couldn’t pull out of my driveway without spinning the tires, difficult to modulate the throttle in stop and go traffic. I emailed Sean with my concerns and he sent a revised tune with the throttle scaled back a bit. This revision was better but still too sensitive with the throttle. Decreased the throttle boost a little at a time until it was down to -20%. Still too touchy. Some more back and forth with Sean, reloaded the 87 canned tune, drove the car and everything felt normal. Then reloaded the custom tune and everything was great, no throttle boost adjustments needed. I think what happened was when I initially loaded the custom tune file, even though I clicked on “yes” when asked to reset changed parameters, not all parameters went to default. The custom tune then loaded with the additional 10% boost I had been running with the canned tune. So, if you ever have weird throttle stuff happen after loading a custom tune, load one of the canned tunes and then reload the custom tune.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts