Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently finished a stage 2 upgrade on my 2012 R/T Classic, 419 rwhp, 409 ft/lb torque. I'm not really happy with the throttle response. I'm thinking about installing the Pedal Commander PC31 Bluetooth unit. Does anyone have experience with this mod ?

·
Premium Member
3,065 Posts
Recently finished a stage 2 upgrade on my 2012 R/T Classic, 419 rwhp, 409 ft/lb torque. I'm not really happy with the throttle response. I'm thinking about installing the Pedal Commander PC31 Bluetooth unit. Does anyone have experience with this mod ?
I have 2 of those PC31 Pedal Commanders one is in my Challenger turned off and not needed because of my tune. The other one is in my wifes SXT Charger which has horrible throttle response without it, it is set on City +2, which is very close to a mechanical linkage setting, so when you press the gas it responds immediately, but does not over respond.

So the Pedal Commander works just fine but some abuse it by maxing it out, like they are trying to use it in place of a tune, and will probably hurt their automatic transmissions eventually by doing that, but it is their property to destroy.

IMO, if the Pedal Commander is simply used to remove enough throttle lag to get you as close as possible to the response of a mechanical linkage, it is good gimmick. But if it is being used to advance the throttle way past a mechanical linkage setting, so that time you touch the throttle you are spinning the tires, that is not only irresponsible as hell, but dangerous, and could possibly get you killed under the wrong circumstances or damage the transmission.

Ry

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looked into the Banks Pedal Monster and came away a little confused. Everything about their mod was for diesel trucks and cars. I really like the idea of redundant voltage in case of failure. Seems like something Pedal Comander should address.

·
Premium Member
840 Posts
I added the pedal commander to my 5.7 over a year ago and have been very happy with its performance. I run it at city +1 most of the time and if I am trying for 0-60 times ect I run sport plus +2.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I added the pedal commander to my 5.7 over a year ago and have been very happy with its performance. I run it at city +1 most of the time and if I am trying for 0-60 times ect I run sport plus +2.
Thanks for the replies, I ordered the PC31, should have it installed in a couple of days

·
Registered
518 Posts
Thanks for the replies, I ordered the PC31, should have it installed in a couple of days
What tuner do you use?
Is there a way to adjust it with your tuner?
I use HP Tuners and left normal alone and I can adjust sport mode, it's under "Driver Demand" "Power % Request Mode 2"

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the PC31 installed and am mildly impressed. Having driven with it on the interstate and on the surface roads I find that my tuners throttle response is right at the PC31 Sport 4. I moved it up to Sport+1 and it feels pretty good there and will leave it there for awhile to see if I change my mind. Sport +2 is pretty spirited and will be good for sprinting between lights. 3 and 4 seem to be more of a track mod. They are both manageable but more than I need for daily drive but mucho fun.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
after several days of driving PC31 I've decided to take it off, it seems redundant. I'm going to stick with the HP tuner throttle response. If I had installed the PC31 before my engine build I would probably be a little more enthusiastic but as of right now my HP tuner gives me all I need. I'm just not looking forward to getting back under the dash to take it off.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts