Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has ever explored using this for our Challengers? https://www.sprintboostersales.com/

I used one a few years ago in my '03 E55 AMG, and it was actually really great. Instant throttle response and I could easily tell seat of the pants difference when it was on. On that particular car, it was a simple in-line plug n play (how they all work), just under the throttle peddle. I haven't looked into where our peddles connect to the wire, but I'm guessing based on the architecture it's a little more inaccessible.

In my experience, using this is very similar to switching to Sport mode from default in the SP. It's that noticeable because of the response to your right foot inputs. It's worth the money if the application works for us 6.4 owners.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
86 Posts
I installed this on my SRT392 6 speed yesterday. The hardest part was removing the trim piece under the dash, to access the wiring to the accelerator pedal. I was a little skeptical of this, but after searching several different forums, decided to give it a try. I have to say that I can definitely feel the difference with this, especially when setting it to "race" mode. The car is much more responsive now. I hated to pay ~300 for it, but this was a cheaper option than purchasing an unlocked PCM and a tuner.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I installed this on my SRT392 6 speed yesterday. The hardest part was removing the trim piece under the dash, to access the wiring to the accelerator pedal. I was a little skeptical of this, but after searching several different forums, decided to give it a try. I have to say that I can definitely feel the difference with this, especially when setting it to "race" mode. The car is much more responsive now. I hated to pay ~300 for it, but this was a cheaper option than purchasing an unlocked PCM and a tuner.
Cool, did you buy some interior tools for removing the lower dash panel? Messing around under the hood is one thing, dash panels seem like something else entirely.. like if you break the plastic, you won't get it back together.. LOL. I'm thinking Sport mode and the red light "race" setting on this device will make it feel very responsive. It peps up the feel for lack of better description. I'm thinking I'm going to do the clutch delay valve mod.. then add this.. and we'll see how it feels.

Thanks for the feed back, it's especially helpful from the 6 speed 392.. same as my SP.. I just don't have "race" mode... only "sport".

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yes, I did pick up some a Trim Removal Tool set from Advance Auto (under 15.00). There are two push-pins that have to be pulled out to remove the trim piece, which is above the pedals - you could probably do it w/ a screwdriver and needle nose, but felt safer w/ the set

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I did pick up some a Trim Removal Tool set from Advance Auto (under 15.00). There are two push-pins that have to be pulled out to remove the trim piece, which is above the pedals - you could probably do it w/ a screwdriver and needle nose, but felt safer w/ the set
Good intel. Really appreciate it. I think I'll go ahead and order.. I'll report back after install.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Just be aware this doesn't actually change the performance of the car, it just gives you more throttle for less pedal movement. That means the throttle will hit wide open well before your foot hits the floor. That might make the car less driveable in traffic. It's a feel good mod really, but if that feel appeals to you you should like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just be aware this doesn't actually change the performance of the car, it just gives you more throttle for less pedal movement. That means the throttle will hit wide open well before your foot hits the floor. That might make the car less driveable in traffic. It's a feel good mod really, but if that feel appeals to you you should like it.
Yes, I understand. It just helps the car react when you move your foot. It worked well with my E55 AMG. Its a feel thing.. my '95 5.0 5-speed felt much faster than my 2009 Maxima.. it wasn't but it was much more fun to drive. :) A responsive car is satisfying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts