Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, I'm new to this Forum & a New Challenger owner. I bought a used 2019 SXT a few weeks ago. It was Pretty Cold and snowy when i bought it. The test drive was short and on Very snowy roads. & at Night. (My other car a non dodge,was totaled in a snowy accident). So I needed wheels fast. So i bought this Challenger. I have always wanted one. since they came back out. Any way while going 30 mph and lower. The Car makes a Thumb sound when you lift off the gas. Has any one heard of this type if Noise? if so is it an easy Fix?

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
389 Posts
Which End is the thumping coming from? Sometimes front suspension needs a bit of re-torquing, and check drive shaft. Also did you get any warranty on the car?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Which End is the thumping coming from? Sometimes front suspension needs a bit of re-torquing, and check drive shaft. Also did you get any warranty on the car?
The thump seems to be comming from the Rear. It does have a warrenty. I took it to a dealer in Peotone Il.This past saturday. They couldnt figure it out. They are going to consult the engineers suppsodaly.

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,055 Posts
Here's hoping the engineer sits his Caboose in the back seat of your car during a test drive. Possibly his/hers automotive experience will resolve your problem. Sounds like the dealership is short on actual technicians.

·
Registered
2011 SXT Canadian Built Challenger
389 Posts
Drive Shaft Bushing the drive shaft is a 2 piece so check the center bushing, Loose Exhaust Hangar, Trans Mission Bushing near the Tail Shaft, Rear Struts need to be re-torqued.... Those are my first suspects to check.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Drive Shaft Bushing the drive shaft is a 2 piece so check the center bushing, Loose Exhaust Hangar, Trans Mission Bushing near the Tail Shaft, Rear Struts need to be re-torqued.... Those are my first suspects to check.
I took it to the Dealer and they are replacing the Drive Shaft. Hope fully it will be just that. Im guessing the preivous owner did a lot of burn outs with it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts