Tim Kuniskis Calls Burned Demon Owners

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT DEMON Forum' started by KeysB5Blue, Nov 2, 2017.

1. KeysB5Blue

KeysB5Blue MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016 Administrator Moderator Site Supporter Level 5 MOTY Winner! Photo Winner! MOTM Winner! Heelz and Wheelz

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    https://www.allpar.com/news/2017/11/tim-kuniskis-calls-buyers-of-burned-demons-38717

Buyers of burned Demons get call from Dodge chief
    by Patrick Rall on November 1, 2017 at 6:11 pm EDT
    Yesterday, people posted photos of a badly burned Reliable Carriers trailer holding the remains of what appeared to be three 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demons. At first, there were rumors that the cars were not production units, but test cars. We have since learned that these charred Dodge Demons (two red, one yellow) were intended for paying customers.

[​IMG]

The confirmation that these 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demons were headed for new owners came from a post from one of the affected buyers.

“I just got a call from Tim Kuniskis, and it was not to tell me how great my red Demon looked. My car #221 is one of the two redline cars in the pictures. Burnt to a crisp!! Totally destroyed!!! My Demon was built on Friday the 13th and burnt up on Halloween. He called to let me know the 3 cars that went up in flames are going to be quickly rebuilt. He also informed me that the once a VIN number is created it cannot be duplicated again. The good news is the cars that burnt are all getting lower VIP numbers. My new number is #102. I actually think this turned out to be a great story! I was shaking when I got off the phone with him but I am really excited about the story I can tell with my demon. Tim also wanted me to let everyone know the fire was caused by the car transporter not the cars. He assured me there are no problems with the demons fuel system and asked if I would pass that info on.”

I was more than a little skeptical. It seemed unlikely that someone as busy as Dodge boss Tim Kuniskis would handle something like calling a customer with bad news, but an FCA representative confirmed that he did indeed contact each of the buyers of these three Demons.

When the images of the burned Demons first popped up online, many of the people who have a 2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon in red or yellow on order were panicked, wondering if they would lose out on their chance to buy the 840 hp muscle car. After all, production of the car is limited to 3,300 units for the US and Canada, so if all 3,300 are spoken for by either private buyers or dealerships, three buyers wouldn’t get their cars — but the information from the phone call with the head of the Dodge brand confirms that these people will still get their new Mopar muscle cars. FCA has confirmed that they will still deliver 3,300 Demons, adding three new VINs.

[​IMG]

This move by Tim Kuniskis is unprecedented in the auto industry and it shows that the Dodge brand is going the extra mile to ensure the best possible customer service. The automaker could have easily had some faceless, low-paid intern or a dealership employee call the buyers with the bad news, but instead, the head of the company made the call in an effort to assure the customers that their cars would be replaced and delivered as originally planned. In doing so, not only did Tim Kuniskis put the buyers’ minds at ease a bit, but the information from his phone call will help to curb all of the nonsensical rumors traveling around the internet in referenced to the burned 2018 Demons. Talk about excellence in customer service in the face of an unfortunate incident, turning an awful story into a much brighter story for the people involved. Their cars might be coming a little later than expected, but they are still coming and that is the important part of this story.

We have reached out to Reliable Carriers for a comment but we have not yet heard back. Should any information be provided by the trucking company, we will update this piece.

-UPDATE- We heard back from Reliable Carriers and they offered the following official comment:

At this time the situation is under a forensic investigation and no determination had been made.

Patrick Rall was raised a Mopar boy, spending years racing a Dodge Mirada while working his way through college. After spending a few years post-college in the tax accounting field, Patrick made the jump to the world of journalism and his work has been published in magazines and websites around the world.

2. JarheadsChallenger

JarheadsChallenger Active Member MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Cool story right there!
    Going to make 3 people sad at first but the story they can now tell will last a lifetime!

Someone will want the burnt 201 car....Friday the 13th build date and burnt on Halloween.....sounds like a true Demon to me!
    Just sayin.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
  3. MIDNITE RT

MIDNITE RT Well-Known Member Member Relations MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    09' Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Given all of the publicity and anticipation surrounding this monster car,this was a good PR move on behalf of Kuniskis and FCA.

4. Shaker 392

Shaker 392 Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack Shaker
    Color?:
    Yellow Jacket
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Wow built on Fri 13th dead on Halloween, hollywood couldn't write a better story. Wonder if one of the new owners names is Jason. Great to hear fca is taking the lead on this.

5. Granite Ghost

Granite Ghost Member Public Safety

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SXT Plus
    Color?:
    Granite Crystal
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Hmmm... I wonder if the Friday the 13th/Halloween dead Demon will come back as a "Christine". ;)

6. Hammer Down

Hammer Down 801 RWHP Site Supporter Level 5 MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 Challenger
    Trim?:
    SRT Hellcat
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I was on um....er.....another site when i read this. One of the posts later was a guy upset that he has it in writing from FCA, that only 3300 were being made and now they are making three more. Apparently, his wasnt burnt up. Talk about a d bag.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2017
  7. 245pacer

245pacer Active Member Site Supporter Level 3 MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    SRT
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    I wonder how bent out of shape he'll be when they make another 3000 odd next year . :p:p

jklotz10, Diehard and Hammer Down like this.
  8. NEPA SCAT

NEPA SCAT Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    B5 Blue
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    The reality is Dodge made more than 3300 Demons if you include all the test mule cars. The way I read the article there will still only be 3300 VIN # assigned which unless I don't understand math still leaves only 3300 Demons to liscense and sell.

9. Mopar forever

Mopar forever Active Member

Vehicle?:
    challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    This was also sent to one of the guys that his car had burnt. this would be so cool to have image.png

10. PlumShaken

PlumShaken Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Vehicle?:
    2016 PCP Shaker
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack Shaker
    Color?:
    Plum Crazy
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
  11. dodge man2

dodge man2 Active Member MOTM Winner!

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    2010 Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Classic
    Color?:
    Brilliant Black
    Transmission?:
    Auto
    Some day in the future this stuff will pop up at a car show with one of those three cars. Pretty cool story that started out bad.

jklotz10 and JarheadsChallenger like this.
  12. JarheadsChallenger

JarheadsChallenger Active Member MOTM Winner! Military

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Shaker Edition
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    Your Demon is almost guaranteed to be premium level collector status with the story, and the signed fuse cover alone. Maybe be you could be brazen enough to ask for a letter to put your car at the next level.

13. Mopar forever

Mopar forever Active Member

Vehicle?:
    challenger
    Trim?:
    R/T Scat Pack
    Color?:
    Sublime
    Transmission?:
    8-Speed Auto
    Not mine brother wish it was but the guy that does own the car said he is gonna make a big display for the car for when he shows it

wvhemis and JarheadsChallenger like this.
  14. Elijah Fox

Elijah Fox Member

Media:
    Vehicle?:
    Challenger Core
    Model Year?:
    Trim?:
    SRT-8
    Color?:
    TorRed
    Transmission?:
    6-Speed
    I am so glad that it was the carriers fault and not the Chrysler Demon.Tim Kuniskis is a class act I seriously doubt any head of some other car company would do the same.Makes me proud to have worked for Chrysler and to own my own 2013 Challenger.This just proves Ford and GM will always be second to Chrysler.

Mopar forever likes this.