Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L,Kook LT,Borla ATAK,Comp 270 cam,Hellcat valve train,AiraidCAI
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to replace the tires and wheels on my R/T Classic and have been looking for the Crager SS Classic or Legends to no avail in the 20". Does anybody know what the offset of the oem polished alum 5 spoke wheel is. These offset options make my head spin so I'll just start with the original wheels and go from there

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
56,118 Posts
I'm getting ready to replace the tires and wheels on my R/T Classic and have been looking for the Crager SS Classic or Legends to no avail in the 20". Does anybody know what the offset of the oem polished alum 5 spoke wheel is. These offset options make my head spin so I'll just start with the original wheels and go from there
The Cragar S/S that I had on my 2010 were +15 offset, they were 18×9 they did make a 20x10 and I think the offset was 20+ something. Too bad they don't make them anymore.

Reactions: bandit992

·
Premium Member
2012 Challenger R/T Classic 5.7L,Kook LT,Borla ATAK,Comp 270 cam,Hellcat valve train,AiraidCAI
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it, thank you +15 - +23 front and +27 - +32 rear

·
Premium Member
2015 R/T 5.7L A8
3,610 Posts
I have the Classic as well but trying to find what I wanted back when was a nightmare but finally they are available today in the Foose collection but must be a staggered setup for the wider rear tire if that is what you are after. They have 20 x 8.5 for the front and 20 x 10 for the rear.

2008-2021 Dodge Challenger Wheels & Hellcat Wheels | AmericanMuscle

I ended up with Hellcat replicas the 7 Y chrome spread 18 offset, they look great but are a chore to keep clean and shining, for that reason alone I do not like them, and since Foose finally got with the program I may possibly switch to those Classics instead? Maybe, it is a $ thing!

I wanted to keep the classic look but back when I went with the staggered setup the only possibility was to widen the rear rim itself and I was not too keen on going that route.

Just so you are aware going to wider rear rims comes with consequences and the first being putting extra driving force on the driveshaft center support bearing, you may think it won't make a difference but it will. There are good reasons Dodge went with the skinny tires as they are a safety link to the driveline.

Reactions: bandit992

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Going in today to have 255/40x20 front and rear mounted. I stayed with the 5 spoke chrome like I have on there now. I wouldn't have changed the wheels but for the reason that the previous owner must have liked to run on to curbs and destroyed the bead

1 - 7 of 7 Posts