Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know, not only am I a Challenger owner, but I also work at a dealership as the business manager. I usually stay away from posting anything to bring anyone in to the dealership on this site, however there seems to be a lot of concern and misinformation out there, especially from other dealers, regarding the Timing chain guides recall on the Challenger. Because of our Challenger sales volume, we are able to secure more kits than most. I am only posting this here to help out other owners that have concerns and want their recall done, not for any benefit to myself or my dealership. I posted the following on several Facebook pages today: We just got in 3 more recall kits at Laurel Valley Motors in Latrobe, Pa today if anyone else is interested and is on the timing chain guides recall list. It takes about 4 hours to complete the work. Contact me if you are interested in one, I know some dealers have been saying it is up to a 3 month wait for parts. 2009-2012 Automatic Transmission Challengers, Chargers, and 300's with MDS are the only ones affected.
Shawn Heminger / Laurel Valley Motors Latrobe, Pa / 724-539-5500

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Does anyone have a link to the Dodge recall bulletin that outlines the timing chain recall. The SRT's are not apart of the recall, is that correct?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Here is the bulletin, It is 5.7L, automatic Hemi's only:

Customer Satisfaction Notification P01
Engine Timing Chain and Chain Guide
Models
IMPORTANT: Some of the involved vehicles may be in dealer used vehicle inventory. Dealers should complete this repair on these vehicles before retail delivery. Dealers should also perform this repair on vehicles in for service. Involved vehicles can be determined by using the VIP inquiry process.
Subject
Repair
2009-2012 (LC)
Dodge Challenger
(LD) Dodge Charger
(LX) Chrysler 300
NOTE: This recall applies only to the above vehicles equipped with a 5.7L Hemi engine (sales code EZD or EZH), automatic transmission (sales code DGJ) and rear axle ratio 3.06, 3.73 or 3.92 (sales code DMP, DME or DMH) built from August 04, 2008 through July 10, 2012 (MDH 080406 through 071008).
The engine timing chain guide on about 50,800 of the above vehicles may fracture. A fractured
engine timing chain guide could cause the engine timing chain to break. A broken engine timing chain will result in severe engine damage.
The engine timing chain, timing chain tensioner and
timing chain guide must be replaced. Customer Satisfaction Notification P01 Engine Timing Chain and Chain Guide Page 2
Part Number Description
CBPRN291AA Engine Timing Chain Package
Each package contains the following components:
Quantity Description
1 Chain, Engine Timing
1 Guide, Engine Timing Chain
1 Tensioner, Engine Timing Chain
1 O-ring, Oil Pick-up Tube
1 Gasket, Engine
Timing Cover
NOTE: Order two heater tube O-rings separately listed below for each repair.
Part Number Description
53013736AA O-ring, Heater Tube (order two per vehicle)
Each dealer to whom vehicles in the recall were assigned will receive enough Engine Timing Chain Packages to service about 5% of those vehicles.

·
Premium Member
1,451 Posts
Thanks...reps

·
Registered
55 Posts
My dealership said it will be a 2 week wait for parts and being that it is only mid-March, I am fine with that. My car probably won't be out to stay until mid-late April anyway. If anything should happen, Latrobe isn't that far away from me and I may look you guys up. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Great bunch of guys to deal with. After being yanked around by other PGH dealers, and with 18 dealers closer and more convenient to me, I chose Laurel Valley Motors.

1. Called about the P01 Recall and the service guy knew exactly what I was talking about (unlike other dealerships).
2. They had four kits in stock and could do the recall the next day (not two months later), but I waited until after the holiday weekend.
3. Art, the man who does the work, is an SRT Viper qualified technician (less than half of Dodge dealerships are), and has done over half a dozen of these P01 Recalls.
4. The service writer told me it'd take four hours to complete, and after a half hour cool-down, they weren't a minute over.

This hour-long trip was well worth it and exceedingly satisfactory. They'll definitely be my service center from now on. Now if they only played with Jeeps too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.