Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 848 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just notified by my dodge service manager that my car will be part of a recall for a timing chain and all related parts update. I have a 2009 RT 5.7. all costs will be covered by dodge as my warranty has expired. great news for us that have been worried about this issue

·
Registered
12,279 Posts
Bad RT, what is the 'Born On' date for your car. I've wondered for a while if there was a time period that encompased the "bad" systems that were failing. Most info out on the ether says it's the 2010 model years that are having the failure. Just curious when your car came off the line..........

·
Registered
23,118 Posts
Yep certainly good news, I'm glad Dodge is stepping up and taking car of this.

·
Registered
12,279 Posts
mine was bought in oct of 2008
Thanks Bad RT.

Mine came off the line Feb 4, 2010.....so it looks like the recall covers a good block of time.

I called my local dealer who is also SRT certified (note I have never taken my car there before - they never have Challengers on the lot) and they took my VIN and said "This is a pretty exstensive recall - please hold and let me check the availability of parts". He came back and said parts were'nt available at this time!!!???!!!:SHOCKED:

I told him it's cool - my car is in storage until some time in April.

I'll look into this further when the PCP is ready to come out of storage. I'll probably call a month ahead of time and have them order the parts so I can take it in and have the work done.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or apprehensive. I don't like other people wrenching on my stuff................:4-dontknow:

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Thanks for the info!Im not sure if im glad or sad???I dont want anyone touching my car, will dodge let a shop that is not a dodge dealer do this work??If so i see the 392 cam going in when he does it??

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Do we know what years are involved???

·
Premium Member
20,471 Posts
Mine is on there too although I wasn't able to download the recall notice. Car was built on 4/17/09.
Although I'm not crazy about having my engine taken apart,I guess its better than the chain breaking and having more damage to repair. For whatever reason I'm glad Dodge finally stepped up on this.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Timing Chain Components - RECALL

Recall P01 was just announced for replacement of the Timing Chain and Components on Challenger 5.7 A5's with affected VIN dates (believe - 2009, 2010 and 2011+) they go by engine manufacture date (I believe).

Letters forthcoming.:smileup:

·
Registered
4,358 Posts
That is good news. Its one of those things that's been hanging over my head. I'm not a big fan of extended warranties but I was thinking of getting one. I'm also not to keen on anybody wrenching on my car but I will let them have at it.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
11,033 Posts
LOL. This is AWESOME. I received a recall notice in the mail yesterday and I didn't check it, but after reading this thread I immediately tore open the mailer and discovered it was for my 2002 Jeep. Seems that Dodge is offering to install a free trailer hitch receiver to protect the gas tank.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just called several dealers around my area and told me that they dont have the parts available for the recall but to check in 2-3 weeks.... NO NEED TO WORRY ANYMORE GUYS!!!

1 - 20 of 848 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.