Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks I am trying to decide on a set of 20" tires for the Classic R/T. I don't use the car on the track just the occasional burnout so I am more interested in thread wear longevity than flatout traction and performance. I am looking at Goodyear Eagle Gt / Michelin Pilot A/S3 / Continential Extreme Contact DWS and General G-Max AS-03 . Car is only used in summer months. Any advice would be great , thanks

·
801 RWHP
8,520 Posts
Well, in my opinion if you just want tires to spin, the Eagle F1's will do fine. They do handle well. I just never liked their grip. For me they just spun way too easy. People say they have good grip in the heat but I only drive my car in the late spring to early fall.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The AS/3 and the DWS will give the best performance of the ones listed. Even in bad weather should you get caught out in it.

We sell quite a few sets of both at the shop I work at.

The owner has the DWS on his personal car.

We have also put a couple of set of the AS/3 on some corvettes.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I have the AS/3's on my 2010 RT and think they are a great tire. No problems with them. Even been to NC and back with them last December. Bought them for the trip, otherwise the car never sees snow or ice.

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
Refer to the tire's Uniform Tire Quality Grade (UTQG) numerical rating. It indicates the expected tread life of a tire and the higher this number is the better. You can research tires on TireRack and sort the available tires by this rating.

I would recommend at UTQG rating of 400 or more. For the P245/45R20 tire, I found four tires with a rating of 500+. They are the Goodyear Eagle Sport All Season (560), Yokohama AVID ENVigor (560), Continental ExtremeContact DWS (540), and the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3 (500).

I hope this is helpful.

Reactions: KeysB5Blue

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tires Tires Tires????

Hi thanks for the info, just looking at Nitto Motivos and Yokohama YK 580 also , these tires have great thread wear ratings, anyone run either of these on their cars ? thanks

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just got a set of General G-Max AS-03 for my stock 18" wheels. I've been really impressed with them and the ratings are mostly, if not all, positive. Best bang for the buck IMO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts