Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went up north to my parent's place this weekend with my dad and most of his side of the family. My uncles each have a place up there nearby as well, so about 20 of my family members were up there.

Took the Challenger up there and had a blast! Came to a dead stop on this one nice long stretch of road with no traffic and no intersections and just let it rip. Lit the tires up good and then wound out first, second, third, and fourth and got up to 110mph before I let off. That was awesome! My dad loved it too! :smileup:

I let my younger cousin who is 19 years old drive my car, he just about died, he was amazed at how cool it was, how nice it drove, rode, handled, and how much power it had. He couldn't believe all the power it had in every gear, even at lower RPM's.

We drove it all over up there on the nice smooth country roads. I let my dad drive it for part of the way up and a few times while we were up there. He always likes driving that car too. At one point he got on it pretty good and got rubber going into third gear which I thought was pretty cool!

We left to come back home earlier this afternoon, so when we pulled out of my uncle's place after saying goodbye to everyone, I lit the tires up really good and laid two big thick black patches right in the road past his driveway haha! They'll probably be there for a very long time! Probably took a few thousand miles off my tires but it was well worth it! :smileup:

Anyway, it turned an already great family get together into an even more fun one driving the Challenger up there and winding out the Hemi on the nice country roads! Here's a few pics...

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,409 Posts
Those were great shots Carl! You have such great family photos, sounds like an awesome trip, getting out on the open roads! You would like South Dakota!! Whose black Challenger??

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,672 Posts
Sounds like you're having an awesome Memorial Day weekend, Carl! Good to know that the Challenger is so cross-generational in appeal! :rep:

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! It was an awesome trip! It was so nice hanging out with my dad and all my aunts and uncles and cousins. The roads up there are so nice and smooth, no traffic around, etc.

I'm not sure who's black Challenger that was, but I'm assuming it was the owner of the restaurant we stopped at on the way back. It was there on the way up too. It looked like a 2009-2010 SRT8 with some nice rims on it and some Nitto Invo tires on it. Looked like the rear tires were wider and maybe on 9" rims. It was definitely a sweet Challenger!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like you're having an awesome Memorial Day weekend, Carl! Good to know that the Challenger is so cross-generational in appeal! :rep:
Thanks! Yep it was a great trip up there! My cousin really loved the car. My other cousin who's 22 years old really wants to get a black Challenger for herself one day, most likely a used one with lower miles, etc. My 19 year old cousin said when he got out of the car after driving..."wow Carl, thanks for letting me drive it, I appreciate it, you just made my life!" Haha!

·
Registered
235 Posts
What a fun trip up north. Where is up north for you? I used to live in Harbor Springs. I love the tunnel of trees drive (M119) along Lake Michigan.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We were up in Glennie, Michigan, off of M-65. It's about 200 miles or so north of the Detroit Metro area.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Thanks for sharing the pics, sounds like it was a fun time for all involved with your Hemi fueling the fire! :rep:

·
801 RWHP
8,515 Posts
Thanks for the tale and the pics. I particularly love the fact that you live in Detroit and start your story with the fact that you headed up north. LOL. When as it is I think you live in the only place in the continental U.S. where you can drive south to get into Canada, technically. Sounds like a great weekend. Cheers.

·
12,989 Posts
Nice pictures Carl!! The tire companies must love you!! LOL

·
Premium Member
1,218 Posts
Very cool Carl. I remember you posting before about going up with your pop's! Great stuff!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks! Haha yeah my buddy from Ohio says he always cracks up when people here in Michigan talk about going "up north". I just always thought it was normal, but I guess other people in other states don't really refer to it like that haha!

Yes the tire companies definitely love me!

Going up with my dad was a blast, we had a great time. We rode dirtbikes together on some nice trails up there and had a good time just hanging out. We had a big bonfire Saturday night with probably 15-20 of us all around the fire hanging out, had some s'mores, etc. It was nice coming home though too as it was strange being up there without my wife or kids. I had all this free time and no little kids were demanding anything of me, not used to that haha!

·
Registered
560 Posts
Sounds like good times with family. Here in the Milwaukee, WI area anything north of us we call: Up North. lol

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I look forward to everyone of your road trip posts Carl! There's always something cool to look at! Thanks for those pics. and a peek at your Holiday weekend!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Nice pictures, sounds like you had a great weekend!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! It was a great time! Wish I would have taken a pic of the two black patches I left in front of my uncle's place as we left haha!

·
Registered
738 Posts
Carl, what time was it roughly when you shot the pic of the Z bridge? A orange challenger pasted me while I was heading back to the shop in the truck south of Saginaw, you were the first person I thought of...

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Car, thanks for sharing the fun you had with your family and the pictures! Sounds like you and Dad had a better time than anybody else, LOL!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts