·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Good info to know! :smileup:

#1 was a bit of a shock though, never been a fan of that vehicle. :smiledown:

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Hi there, Not sure about that list, i saw a 2013 Camaro SS convertible near my place ,Only 17000km on it, fully equipped for just 23.500$. Not sure , but the price for a brand new is nearly 55000$ here in Quebec. I don't think this is a good resale value. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I have went to half a dozen dealers trying to get a good trade in value. Well the best I can do is 4k under Galves and 6K under KBB. My car has only 11k miles and is in showroom condition. I certainly don't think it's resale value is any better then other vehicles I have owned.

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Good info, I had seen that recently also. you have to remember, these resale values are averages taken from across the country. So, those of you not getting what you consider god resale value on your Challenger, could be the area you live in. It's all supply & demand, and the demand may be low in your area.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I was at the local Dodge dealer today and a sales lady told me about the resale value. I'm happy.

·
Registered
28 Posts
There's a difference between resale and trade-in values. A dealer will never (or rarely) give you the going resale value for your car. They need to make money and can't if they give you the going rate. Also, your car's value depreciates the most in the first year of ownership. The key is how much it depreciates every year after the first.

Reactions: 09ChallengerDad

·
Registered
13,046 Posts
Yep, trade-in value at the dealer is always going to be lower than resale value to private party.

It makes sense that these cars have higher resale value, there's simply less of them on the road. I see a million Mustangs everyday and about as many Camaros too. They're nice cars as well, but there's just so many of them out there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.