1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22,229 Posts
Good info Bigsnake.

·
Premium Member
17,242 Posts
Very informative post ! Seems like most of the major brands are on the list although I was surprised Sunoco wasn't on it.

·
Premium Member
20,288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very informative post ! Seems like most of the major brands are on the list although I was surprised Sunoco wasn't on it.
These companies have to pay something for that rating.
"Ain't no free lunches" anymore. :D

Additive manufacturers pay for the testing, which costs an estimated $25,000 to $30,000, while gasoline companies pay an annual fee based on the number of stations it operates to participate in the program.[8]

Maybe since Sunoco owns Sunoco unlike Shell, Mobile and others they didn't want to pay and decided their fuel speaks for itself.
Only my conjecture. :D

·
Premium Member
17,242 Posts
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Makes sense since you don't really hear too much about companies claiming they are a " Top Tier " gas company in their commercials.Honestly, I had never heard of this before your post.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Mike, thanks for the information and it makes perfect sense. I have noticed especially over the last 5 or 6 years the effects on small motor items, two and four stroke motors, on everything from lawn mowers, snow blowers, weed eaters, etc. various fuel system components such as but not limited to fuel lines and o-rings deteriorating, along with rust and carbon build up issues. This equates directly to what is going on in the fuel systems in our vehicles.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Feel like this needs a bump as I learned something new today, not just new but incredibly informative! I will be looking for the Top Tier logo in my area, only the best for my baby! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2016 Go Mango Scat Pack
27,135 Posts
I can't remember reading this before, but glad you bumped this up Dave! Very good information! I have a Sinclair that I use, so I will be looking for that Top Tier logo!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts