Dodge Challenger Forum banner

2015 SRT 8 or Hellcat hood for modern AAR

• Use the Hellcat styled hood

Votes: 13 76.5%
  • Use the SRT 8 styled hood

Votes: 4 23.5%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Once I saw the Hellcat/SRT 8 hood I was pretty convinced I wanted to use the SRT 8 hood for my modernized AAR tribute. Now that Speedlogix is offering a Hellcat inspired hood in a couple months I'm tempted to go with that hood for my build but a part of me thinks the heat extractors might be overkill.

I figured I'd get opinions from folks here to see what they thought of the two hoods on a modernized AAR tribute.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Well I don't know how available the Hellcat hood is going to be, they might be pretty tough to come by. I'd say if speedlogix does a run of them then from an expense and timing point of view that might be the way to go.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I'm partial to AAR Hoods, so I say Hellcat if it becomes available, especially since your going with an AAR Tribute.

·
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I think I'm coming around on the idea of ordering a Hellcat hood but I want to see what they're going to do with the RAM air setup/heat extractor on the air intake side.

It looks like the Dodge Hellcat hood has a heat extractor right above the stock air box so I'm not sure what Speedlogix's design will do to prevent water from running into the air box/filter for people with after market CAI setups. I guess I could leave my air box stock and closed and run with out the ram air but I figured for now I'll wait and see what the solution was before ordering.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
313 Posts
Well I think I'm coming around on the idea of ordering a Hellcat hood but I want to see what they're going to do with the RAM air setup/heat extractor on the air intake side.

It looks like the Dodge Hellcat hood has a heat extractor right above the stock air box so I'm not sure what Speedlogix's design will do to prevent water from running into the air box/filter for people with after market CAI setups. I guess I could leave my air box stock and closed and run with out the ram air but I figured for now I'll wait and see what the solution was before ordering.

Take it easy
Jay
Jay, personally, I think the Speedlogix Hellcat hood would look great with your AAR theme. I believe Speedlogix has posted they will make their hood avaialble w and w/o an airbox for those that have SC's, similar to their ram air hood, which they already produce. That solves the problem of the air extractors. :smileup:

·
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jay, personally, I think the Speedlogix Hellcat hood would look great with your AAR theme. I believe Speedlogix has posted they will make their hood avaialble w and w/o an airbox for those that have SC's, similar to their ram air hood, which they already produce. That solves the problem of the air extractors. :smileup:

Yeah I thought about it while typing my last post up and gnawed on it a bit but if I get the hood and I'm worried about getting water in a CAI it just means I keep the system closed and with the extractors the stock air box should probably be cooler than it was before hand anyways. I put the order in should be fun when I get it...

Take it easy
Jay

·
2,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Yeah I really like the new SRT and Hellcat hood lines I kinda think its a merge between the Halo super cars hood and the stinger AAR hood. There's enough cues that link it to the AAR hood roots but it looks very modern. Grats on your hood btw.

Take it easy
Jay

Halo

stinger

Hellcat

1 - 11 of 11 Posts