Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in a month I will finally be able to purchase my dream car....

I have already made up my mind that I would like to get a V6 because this will be my daily driver, i really don't have the money nor do I want to buy a car to keep in the garage several months out of the year. Not to mention my commute is 56miles round trip and many is on the highway, but some times I get caught up on the I-275 backups in Michigan. There isn't much room to open up a v8 so it would be needless power for me. I am more interested in comfort of the long haul.

So here is what I am torn between.... A Rallye Redline (white/red interior with red stripe) and a 100th Anniversary (granite Crystal/molten red interior) color scheme. While i love the molten red, I am not sold on the granite crystal exterior as much as I am with the white!

Now colors aside, are there any large performance difference between these two trims? I am aware of the cosmetic differences, but I am wondering about ride handleing, acceleration and that type of stuff.

I am coming from a 114 HP honda fit, so even at the weight of the challenger, 305HP is a welcome addition.

I am not out to race with this car, I will be happy with a 0-60 faster than my current 9.8secs lol

if you had the choice between a Rallye Redline and a 100th Anniversary, which would you chose and why? Price is nearly identical (quoted $300 more for the 100th so that is moot)

to add to the mix i know the 2015 is coming out in less than a month but I don't really want to have to wait until sept to take ownership, i want to have a some of the summer available to joy ride before the snow slows things down. If i was to get the 2015, i would want to wait until next year or so as they get the kinks out of the LA design.

·
"Turn on, tune in, drop out"
17,165 Posts
I think you cant go wrong with either of the v6 models you mention. I would get a 2014 before the platform changes though. Good luck with your decision.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,410 Posts
Gosh that is a tough decision. Only you know what you truly like. Too bad the 100th anniversary isn't the white one. I would gravitate toward the 100th anniversary edition. Just seems to be a special car, kind of unique. Good luck with your choice. We will want to see a pic when you get it!!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Gosh that is a tough decision. Only you know what you truly like. Too bad the 100th anniversary isn't the white one. I would gravitate toward the 100th anniversary edition. Just seems to be a special car, kind of unique. Good luck with your choice. We will want to see a pic when you get it!!
My thoughts exactly! I really dig the 100th anniversary ones, just not a fan of grey! Good luck making the decision, you really can't go wrong with either! :smileup:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They have a High Octane Red with foundry black but since its an RT its like 4k more out the door....

It the 100th was Red, White or Header i would have no issues what so ever... but yeah, not the biggest fan of the grey, although to me it is way better than silver lol

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts
They're both really nice looking trims. However, personally I'm not a big fan of a grey exterior color so in this case I would choose the white redline.

I fully agree with your choice of a V6 model based on your reasons. I've often stated that one should buy what one can and want to afford.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just talked to the dealership and found that the rallye redline has 35miles on her! not too many test drives (or any depending on what FCA did for inspections). i will consider a 2014 with only 35 miles on it in mid june a decent catch lol

I also found this sxt Plus challenger near me... has everything i would want and I believe the super sports group makes this at least as powerful as the rallye redline or 100th, right??

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYAG8EH251593

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYAG5EH293509

what appears to be missing would be the black/red wheels and the High Intesnity discharge lights, oh and the red stripe

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
my 2 cents, i think i like the red line a little better, so that's what i'd get...

·
Premium Member
2,169 Posts
I am a fan of white (of course) and LOVE the red interior. There should be NO performance differences between the 2. Does either have a moon roof? You talked about wanting to enjoy the summer...
Anyway, I think the red-line will get more looks because of the color scheme. Good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
actually all the ones i am looking at have a sunroof :) that is my number 1 requirement (and also why my picking is slim at this stage of the year)

I am really leaning towards the rallye redline, always had a thing for white, red and the black rims!

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I like the 100th Anniversary in the R/T Trim in High Octane Red......but in the V6....I'm lovin' the Ralley Redline.
Don't forget to post pics. when you get your dream car!!!!!:smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,591 Posts
I just talked to the dealership and found that the rallye redline has 35miles on her! not too many test drives (or any depending on what FCA did for inspections). i will consider a 2014 with only 35 miles on it in mid june a decent catch lol

I also found this sxt Plus challenger near me... has everything i would want and I believe the super sports group makes this at least as powerful as the rallye redline or 100th, right??

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYAG8EH251593

http://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=2C3CDYAG5EH293509

what appears to be missing would be the black/red wheels and the High Intesnity discharge lights, oh and the red stripe
Boy those stickers are in R/T territory. As far as MPG there really is not that much of a difference between the 5.7 and the 3.6.I get 21mpg back and forth to work 40 miles per day with my R/T. My wife's 3.6 Charger is 21-22mpg.On a trip the R/T gets 28-29 the Charger 31.Just sayin, If i had a dollar for every person that bought a v6 and upgraded not long after (well I would have more money for mods)if not be rich.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I was able to negotiate those to $29k and $30k respectively after tax, title and license fees...

The R/T i would want is stickered at $39595 with the options i would want.... i was able to get it down to $35k out the door.... Thats $5k difference or else i would jump at the r/t :(

I did however get an out the door price on a fully loaded 100th anniversary Charger in the High Octane Red with foundry black interior for $33120.

problem is I LOVE the challenger but just LIKE the charger. IDK, it seems given price if i wanted a hemi I should go with the Charger.

·
Premium Member
1,141 Posts
Boy those stickers are in R/T territory. As far as MPG there really is not that much of a difference between the 5.7 and the 3.6.I get 21mpg back and forth to work 40 miles per day with my R/T. My wife's 3.6 Charger is 21-22mpg.On a trip the R/T gets 28-29 the Charger 31.Just sayin, If i had a dollar for every person that bought a v6 and upgraded not long after (well I would have more money for mods)if not be rich.
Yep. Seems too many people "settle" and talk themselves into a 6 and later regret it. Just my $.02....

Good luck...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep. Seems too many people "settle" and talk themselves into a 6 and later regret it. Just my $.02....

Good luck...

Problem is that its $5k more to get the RT version I want... thats out of my price range. even the just the 100th anniversary challenger with sunroof is msrp'd at 38,080.... I got it down to $35,202 OTD

if I was to get a hemi, the negotiated $32,311 OTD price of the Charger is in my budget and about $3k less than any deal i could find on the RT Challenger.

So if hemi is brought into the mix, its a choice between an RT Charger or a sxt Challenger.

I test drove both, I like the ride quality of both, but i am unsure if i want to drop an extra $5k on the RT Challenger. Especially when the Redline has almost all of the features (except the hemi)

·
"Z" member since 2009
3,907 Posts

Good luck...
Problem is that its $5k more to get the RT version I want... thats out of my price range. even the just the 100th anniversary challenger with sunroof is msrp'd at 38,080.... I got it down to $35,202 OTD

if I was to get a hemi, the negotiated $32,311 OTD price of the Charger is in my budget and about $3k less than any deal i could find on the RT Challenger.

So if hemi is brought into the mix, its a choice between an RT Charger or a sxt Challenger.

I test drove both, I like the ride quality of both, but i am unsure if i want to drop an extra $5k on the RT Challenger. Especially when the Redline has almost all of the features (except the hemi)
Looks to me that you've done the math. You shouldn't be disappointed with the V6; it has a lot of power and a Challenger equipped with one isn't a slouch.

As for me who owns an R/T, I would have preferred owning an SRT. However, the cost was more than I wanted to afford, and I have not regretted my decision for choosing an R/T.

Regarding any performance differences between your two choices, the differential ratio may not be the same. The V6 Challenger can have either a 2.65 or a 3.06 (sometimes identified as a 3.07) differential ratio. The higher numeric ratio will provide better acceleration.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts