Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat models make this 600+ horsepower with a 6.2L supercharged Hemi that is 91% new compared to the 6.4L Hemi currently in use. Atop this new Hemi sits a 2,380cc supercharger housing that uses a twin rotor setup to force 11.6psi into the 92mm throttle body to make this engine the most powerful V8 ever built for a production road car by the Chrysler Group. All of that power is then channeled through the buyer’s choice of a heavy duty 8-speed TorqueFlite automatic transmission or a 6-speed manual transmission that is borrowed from the SRT Viper.

Read more at: http://www.torquenews.com/106/its-o...emi-has-more-600hp-video#sthash.jzvyVLgu.dpuf

What I would like to know is the supercharger an inhouse Chrysler/Dodge design, or did Dodge contract another company like Edelbrock to design and build the HellCat SC's?http://www.torquenews.com/106/its-o...emi-has-more-600hp-video#sthash.jzvyVLgu.dpuf

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Yep, I've read IHI in a couple of different articles.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2015 SRT HellCat appears to be a rather nice and a well thought out package. I hope it is reliable and performs as well as it is being hyped.
There's bound to be some hiccups. If I had $50k+ saved up in my swear jar, I would probably wait until the 2017 model year and let the early adopters ferret out all of the problems for me ;)

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
There's bound to be some hiccups. If I had $50k+ saved up in my swear jar, I would probably wait until the 2017 model year and let the early adopters ferret out all of the problems for me ;)
I'm thinking by 2017 you will have enough in that jar and will reap the benefits of further developments, LOL! :D

·
Mopartial to Challengers
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
10 Posts
The new weight is around 4500 to 4600 lbs. The blower is a first time product by a Japanese company who has never worked on or built anything for an American Muscle Car. Go Figure. This is going to be a real mess, even if you wait for a 2018 model it may still have bugs. Guess we will all have to wait and see. Im not impressed...

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
The new weight is around 4500 to 4600 lbs. The blower is a first time product by a Japanese company who has never worked on or built anything for an American Muscle Car. Go Figure. This is going to be a real mess, even if you wait for a 2018 model it may still have bugs. Guess we will all have to wait and see. Im not impressed...
While I would have preferred that Chrysler go with an American supercharger company IHI has made superchargers for AMG so they are not totally without experience in that area. However like you say we will all have to wait and see how things turn out.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Tried to order the Hellcat

I went by the dealership yesterday to check on when early summer orders would be taken, most of the salesmen didn't even know about this car. They had to make a call to find out I couldn't put in my early summer order for another month. I thought I would never let go of my Hemi Orange 2010 SRT. I will order this ASAP just wish it came in Orange.:smileup:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts