Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a trip to the dealer in Rapid City, SD yesterday, and it didn't take too long to replace my oil pressure sensor, so I decided to take a road trip through the Black Hills. It was on my way home, just a little longer route. I will give these photos and descriptions in three separate posts. If any of you are thinking of a vacation in the Black Hills, this will give you a little peak.

There are the usual tourist traps that I went by first, Reptile Gardens, Bear Country USA, & Cosmos. All are fun to see, especially if you have kids!

Mt Rushmore isn't too far from Rapid City. About a 20-30 minute drive.

Photo #1 - Cool bridge just before Mt. Rushmore
Photo #2 - Coming up to Mt Rushmore from the east. This angle makes it look like Roosevelt and Lincoln are rubbing noses!
Photo #3 - JZBLBBY views Mt. Rushmore.
Photo # 4 - This was fun, it is the backside of Mt. Rushmore. George Washington is the only head visible.
Photo # 5 - JZBLBBY and George W.
Hope you enjoy!

Attachments

Reactions: wyo.hemi

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Beautiful Scenery of the Black Hills

This drive was so much fun! BIG hills, lots of twisty curvy roads with beautiful scenery.
Photos #1,2, & 3 - Many lakes in the Black Hills and neat rock formations!

Photo # 4 - I drove into the Crazy Horse Memorial and got this pic. This is the worlds largest mountain carving. Much bigger than Mt. Rushmore. When it is completed you will see Crazy Horse with his arm pointing straight out, sitting on a horse with the horse's head and leg in the carving. This monument was started in 1948. About 10 years ago I visited Crazy Horse and was allowed to take home some beautiful rocks from their blasts. Very nice addition to my flower garden.
Photos #5 & 6 - I like the view of Crazy Horse that these pics provide from further away. It is going to look awesome when completed.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,735 Posts
Wow great pics Betty. Such beautiful scenery and car. Thank you so much for sharing.

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Thanks for sharing Betty. Awesome pics. Nice drive. So i assume Crazy Horse wont be done for what...................a few weeks, at least, right? LOL.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Interesting End to Trip

Well the trip was about over. I am ready to leave the Black Hills through Custer, SD, which is at the south end of the Hills. I stopped there and liked this beautiful flag in the center of town.
Photo#1 - Couldn't resist taking a photo of the all American Harley and the American Flag!

If I could go back in time, I should have paid more attention to those road construction signs! I am now in some very high hills on this HWY 16, and all of a sudden in a road stop for some major construction. Now have to drive on gravel roads with huge drop offs! I was pretty @#$% careful here. By the time I got through all the road construction, I realized that HWY 16 goes to Wyoming!! I could turn around but couldn't face all that construction again. So I headed west into Wyoming. Actually that was a pretty amazing drive. Speed limit wasn't exactly a problem. There wasn't even a road sign when you got to Wyoming!! Here are a few pics from the middle of nowhere and me finally getting to Edgemont, SD, a major hub for the BNSF railroad. Had to put in a train photo!

Left home at 8:30 a.m. and arrived back home at 6:30 p.m. All just to replace a sensor in my Challenger!

Attachments

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for sharing Betty. Awesome pics. Nice drive. So i assume Crazy Horse wont be done for what...................a few weeks, at least, right? LOL.
I am quite sure it won't be completed in our lifetimes. The current work is on the horse's head and finish work on the hand. They will be having a night blast on Jund 26th, and one on July 4th.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,735 Posts
Well the trip was about over. I am ready to leave the Black Hills through Custer, SD, which is at the south end of the Hills. I stopped there and liked this beautiful flag in the center of town.
Photo#1 - Couldn't resist taking a photo of the all American Harley and the American Flag!

If I could go back in time, I should have paid more attention to those road construction signs! I am now in some very high hills on this HWY 16, and all of a sudden in a road stop for some major construction. Now have to drive on gravel roads with huge drop offs! I was pretty @#$% careful here. By the time I got through all the road construction, I realized that HWY 16 goes to Wyoming!! I could turn around but couldn't face all that construction again. So I headed west into Wyoming. Actually that was a pretty amazing drive. Speed limit wasn't exactly a problem. There wasn't even a road sign when you got to Wyoming!! Here are a few pics from the middle of nowhere and me finally getting to Edgemont, SD, a major hub for the BNSF railroad. Had to put in a train photo!

Left home at 8:30 a.m. and arrived back home at 6:30 p.m. All just to replace a sensor in my Challenger!
Again more great pics, you had a full day.

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Opps! I forgot to download the Harley & flag picture! Old age creeping up on me! Here it is:

Attachments

·
Politically correct.
'09 SRT 440 HEMI
11,170 Posts
Awesome pics Betty!!! That JZBLBBY sure gets around!!! :smileup:

It's now time to bring her over to the east coast. :4-wavey:

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Awesome pics Betty!!! That JZBLBBY sure gets around!!! :smileup:

It's now time to bring her over to the east coast. :4-wavey:
Can you imagine how much I would get lost there when I can't even find my way back home from the Black Hills?? There was only one highway back and it wasn't exactly a short cut. Eighty extra miles!!

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, great trip. Still hoping to do the Sandhills Run in August. Maybe see some of the same stuff.
Are you talking about the Sandhills Over The Road Challenge? I am pretty sure I will be going! If my husband comes along you guys and discuss Sidney from your college days!

·
Registered
428 Posts
Are you talking about the Sandhills Over The Road Challenge? I am pretty sure I will be going! If my husband comes along you guys and discuss Sidney from your college days!
Yes, we want to try and be up there for the Shootout on Friday. As it get's closer I will let you know. Trying to get off work.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Another nice pictorial, Betty! I owe you reps!

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,560 Posts
Such great pictures, Betty! I especially liked the Crazy Horse pics! :smileup:

·
Premium Member
18,509 Posts
Beautiful shots Betty. :smileup: Appreciate you sharing all of this pics of the nice scenery that you are fortunate enough to be surrounded by and your car compliments all of them.

·
12,990 Posts
Very nice Betty, there is some beautiful scenery out there.

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Betty, I like your style! Looks like a beautiful day and great pictures! I am also wondering if the replaced sensor cured you problem with JZBLBBY?

·
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Betty, I like your style! Looks like a beautiful day and great pictures! I am also wondering if the replaced sensor cured you problem with JZBLBBY?
Yes, it did! If you want the full scoop, just go to the thread in the mechanical problem section.

Thank you so much for the nice words!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts