Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced my stock 20" rims (2016 SXT Plus) with new set because former owner liked to hit the curbs. Now i have refurbished those rims and want to add a winter set tires on them. Need to add the TPMS sensors, but do not want to pay to much, because they will be more in the barn than under the car. This Ebay product is a bit shady when it comes to Challenger compatiblity (years), might be typo. Can anybody confirm these are the sensors i need ? Thanks !

Set TPMS sensors

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
While cheap sensors might be ok in the barn where it really matters is how they work under the car.

That the info at the for sale link is not correct suggests to me the sensors might be dicey.

·
Registered
1937 ram, 1970 340 Duster, 1993 stealth, 2010 challenger rt, 2014 ram
530 Posts
They are straight from China, that being said it looks like they have a mopar p/n. You will probably have to wait for them while they sit in quarantine at the docks.

·
Registered
2016 Dodge Challenger R/T Plus in Granite Crystal Metallic
1,639 Posts
I replaced my stock 20" rims (2016 SXT Plus) with new set because former owner liked to hit the curbs. Now i have refurbished those rims and want to add a winter set tires on them. Need to add the TPMS sensors, but do not want to pay to much, because they will be more in the barn than under the car. This Ebay product is a bit shady when it comes to Challenger compatiblity (years), might be typo. Can anybody confirm these are the sensors i need ? Thanks !

Set TPMS sensors
Try any one of these. Rock Auto stands by their products. Just not sure about shipping to Holland. 2016 DODGE CHALLENGER 3.6L V6 Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Sensor | RockAuto

·
Registered
639 Posts
I would get factory ones. You can get them pretty cheap on Amazon. I believe these are the ones you need. These are factory OE TPMS.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,702 Posts
But like almost everything else on amazon....is it really what it says it is, or an off shore copy that may or may not work ?

·
Registered
1937 ram, 1970 340 Duster, 1993 stealth, 2010 challenger rt, 2014 ram
530 Posts
All above is probably true , because .fca could be buying from China. Don't get me wrong I love rock auto, but you could decide on the high priced mopar ones, & they show up with made in China on them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, i think the stamp has to fit and the technique has to be right (433Hhz.......) Because how long they last you never know, they should work. I think i order a model that looks like the ones in
John Dallain post. and just try.... once under the car i post how they do. This would be not ealyer then this winter season. Thanks !

·
Registered
639 Posts
But like almost everything else on amazon....is it really what it says it is, or an off shore copy that may or may not work ?
That is just a snide comment. I don’t really think it is a concern. They are OEM parts. Mine said Schrader on them with the Mopar part number. If I remember, they had a stamp that they are made in the UK? Your Dodge dealer will charge 4X that amount for the same thing. I bought mine for my Winter wheels and tires in 2013 and they are still working fine.

·
Registered
2015 SRT 392
1,702 Posts
That is just a snide comment. I don’t really think it is a concern. They are OEM parts. Mine said Schrader on them with the Mopar part number. If I remember, they had a stamp that they are made in the UK? Your Dodge dealer will charge 4X that amount for the same thing. I bought mine for my Winter wheels and tires in 2013 and they are still working fine.

Ok, pull up your panties.....the comment wasn't aimed at you or anything you did.....and snide or not in your opinion, it is very true.

I and many others have gotten items off Amazon that have all the indicators that they are genuine parts in the ad and pics and write-up................but what you receive is not......it is a cheap off shore copy.

I've received stuff with the OEM part numbers on them.....and when compared to what is being replaced, the markings and numbers are in slightly different places, and little things are missing, like the chrysler pentastar....and guess what, they don't fit or work like they should.....but since they have the OEM part numbers on them, they have to be genuine OEM...right ??

It doesn't matter if it says Schrader on them with the Mopar part number...that stuff is easy to copy. Overseas has no laws to prevent that, or at least none that get followed.

Read the reviews for the items...........you will see what you get is not always what they advertise....

Just a word of caution......just cuz it looks like the correct part (and the pic may actually be), what you get is not always what you thought you were buying. Usually, you can get your money back, but it's a huge hassle when you need the part or item now.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, got the same experience when i bought my black matte fuel cap. twice i bought it from a picture that looked like the 1 i wanted (black with silver text) and twice i got the wrong part. comlainng works, got all the money back. I rather pay and get the product i want. With TPMS the problem is that they are not so easy to test when not mounted... i think..... so like to do it right thr first time and..... not pay to much :cool:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts