Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch, BMR susp., Belanger Headers, Lowered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone else see this before. Doesn't look like from the input shaft.. looks like 2 lower bolts leaking

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ive never seen the bolts leak. The case is sealed around the bolts and they dont go into the fluid either. You sure its trans fluid and not brake fluid from the slave where the line connects to it?
Youd have to split the case if it is trans fluid to fix that.

·
Registered
2009 Limited SRT8, Brilliant Black ⚫, Centerforce Clutch, BMR susp., Belanger Headers, Lowered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Line looked dry..slave just looks dusty

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anyone in here have some guidance pulled input cover to reseal, is the lower cup slip fit? It has a shim..

·
Registered
475 Posts
Ya the races just slip in. The spacer is to set the clearance for the bearings. All the races should have a spacer so dont get them mixed up about where they go. I recommend changing the input and output seals along with the syncros while its a part.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks. I'm use to cat transmission cups never move that way lol pry bars needed.

Thank you.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
all redone.. installed an dry..
Centerforce dyad ds clutch
Mopar slave cylinder with mod (pre bleed before mounting)
Revealed cleaned an inspected tr6060
New trans mount
Fresh lucas oil

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Found.. the leak was fromworn out poor oem gasket maker between housings.. was dripping in few spots.. also found the actual skip shift sol. was leaking oil from the connector side..
removed in installed eliminator plug and seal.. resealed. and retested no leaks. all lucas filled now

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update.. sad.. upsetting.. more manual labor.. I have done the Install, and break in as requested. I have been talking with Centerforce, and unfortunately needing to pull this Clutch out due to a burnt smell that is consistent.. Nice part. i had videos, and images of unboxing, and install. so they have reviewed and agree installed correctly.

so this weekend back up in the air. an pulling for so i can get back to them so they can inspected and analyze the clutch.. my gut tells me material issues, Drivability, shift ability, an all functions and testing.. work flawless.. JUST SMELLS>
Hope to see quality and astonishment from the local group up there. as William Batty is whom sold me on this at SEMA.

Just want my hotrod back on the road.

·
Registered
2014 Boosted 392 Stroker Shaker
4,203 Posts

Reactions: HemifeverAZ
1 - 11 of 11 Posts