Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
Congrats on your Baby! Bottom line is money talks. Go back to Dealer Eat the loss on depreciation. That should work.....Hopefully they still have your car to get back. Good Luck :D

·
Registered
252 Posts
Know when to pull out...

...of the deal. Financially overextending yourself for depreciating assets is bad.
The guy is looking for some guidance and that’s your post? I’m sure he appreciates the brilliant insight. Just curious, are you always this abrasive?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Almost two weeks ago my wife and I were sitting down to breakfast, and she tells me she wants me to trade in my 12 R/T for a Hellcat. She will make half the payments. At first I declined, because of money. However, it was a tempting offer and she persisted that we at least look at the numbers. So, I relented. We drove the 90 miles down to the dealership, I test drove a beautiful black on black Hellcat...and don't really remember much until I was sitting there going "HOLY SHIT I HAVE A HELLCAT!" Suffice to say, in this mental state, I probably didn't get the best deal. Payments would suck, but be doable. Wasn't much room for anything else. Honestly I shouldn't have done it. Wife, wasn't real happy with the numbers, and was real unhappy with the insurance hike. She regretted even bringing up the notion at breakfast.

Next day I am informed by the bank that they are not financing the car. The bank even went so far as to tell me to take the car back. So I did, after hours of trying to reach the dealership for help and not getting a call back. When I did get to the dealership, they of course gave me the run around, told me the bank can't decline financing...blah blah blah. So began a week of getting the run around, getting lied to by both the dealership and the bank, and outright rudeness. Meanwhile, I have a Hellcat in the garage that I am not driving, because I don't even know if it is mine! If I had to turn it in, I wouldn't be liable for mileage, but I would be for any damage. After a week of this, I was angry and frustrated and just wanted to give the damn Hellcat back, get my old R/T back, and be done with the whole situation.

Well, one week to the day I drove off the lot, the bank and the dealership indivudially call me and say the deal went through. The bank mysteriously changed their mind on the deal....(I wonder what the dealership did to incentivize them?) and the car is mine. Okay, cool. Car is mine, time to start paying off this expensive ass loan and enjoy the car.

My wife looks at me after I get off the phone and tells me that we can't keep the car. Can't afford it any more. She then proceeds to hand me a postive pregnancy test.

Yup. Baby on the way changes everything.

So, in summary, I stupidly bought a Hellcat I could barely afford, didn't even get to drive it for a week, and now I have to sell it for what I owe (impossible?) or trade it in on a cheaper car and lose my ass on the deal because I am about to be a daddy.

Any advice anyone can give me?
Sorry to hear. Bad spot. One positive, congrats dad.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Get the fetus/kid DNA tested.

If it's yours, sell the Hellcat.

If it's not, keep the Hellcat and raze the wife with lawyers on her way out of your life.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,054 Posts
Get the fetus/kid DNA tested.

If it's yours, sell the Hellcat.

If it's not, keep the Hellcat and raze the wife with lawyers on her way out of your life.
The original poster has not been on here in 8 months.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Exactly. Time to get the DNA test done before the kid's born. Then he can warm up the lawyers if it's not his, start offshoring his assets and doing whatever else is necessary.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
ut oh maybe he's a daddy now......

·
Registered
346 Posts
tell the wife she needs to get a second job since she pushed you into it or that you need to get a live in girlfriend to help cover bills, maybe she could get a sugar daddy on the side?

·
What's Old is New Again!
38,424 Posts
Old thread. OP hasn’t been on in months. Why resurrect it?

Reactions: Mopar_NoCar

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,220 Posts
Why can't the @admins fix this problem with these ancient threads being resurrected? Really, what is the purpose in replying to a post where the original OP is likely no longer around or has dealt with whatever topic he/she originally brought up? I've been almost fooled several times, but luckily saw the thread date.

Reactions: Mopar_NoCar

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
52,054 Posts
Why can't the @admins fix this problem with these ancient threads being resurrected? Really, what is the purpose in replying to a post where the original OP is likely no longer around or has dealt with whatever topic he/she originally brought up? I've been almost fooled several times, but luckily saw the thread date.
Because they dont want to, we have brought this up numerous times to no avail.

·
Registered
2019 SRT Hellcat
49 Posts
wreck it, let the insurance pay it off, done deal

·
Premium Member
2016 Dodge Challenger SXT Plus
3,220 Posts
Because they dont want to, we have brought this up numerous times to no avail.
That's what I kind of figured...they boast to us about all the "grand and marvelous" improvements they've done, yet fail to fix those things that are truly bothersome to their users in the interface. And, I see they are acquiring even more forums...Thanks for the reply back Corbin!

Reactions: Dodgeguy
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.