Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I pulled the trigger and picked up my new '14 Jazz Blue R/T Classic, 6 speed and sunroof. Loved my '11 SE, but after seeing the '15 redesign, I decided that if I was going to get an R/T, it would have to happen. The dealer I got my SE from in Goshen, NY, had an inbound car with the 3 things I really wanted.....jazz blue, 6 speed, and sunroof. it arrived on Thursday afternoon, and I went that night to test drive it and it had one mile on it. Took it for a test drive and that was it! Picked it up Saturday with 17 miles on it....which were all my miles. It came with the white dual side stripes which I had the dealer remove. I had also just gotten a set of 4 tires that were going on my SE, so part of the deal was that I wanted to keep my Classic heritage wheels that I bought from a forum member 2 years ago. The dealer mounted my new tires on the rims, and swapped the wheels. They also gave me the Mopar short throw shifter handle which I havent installed. So, the mods will start again. First thing is to lower it with the Eibach springs/shocks. I lowered the SE and it was by far my favorite mod. Other than that I will just drive it for a little while without modding (except to find a charger intake tube....that or chop off and plug that ridiculous silencer!!).....but I did already put on a catch can (had it from the SE) and I do have the Diablo tuner already. I am really happy with the 6 speed....I missed having stick.....although I have encountered the skip shift a couple times (I can delete that with the Diablo) and have hit the rev limiter a couple times messing around. Its also a pretty damn cool sound just hitting the start button So, hopefully with this mod (from SE to R/T) I have shaved a second off my 1/4 mile time. Track days to come soon....after a break in.....which wont take long since the fiirst 48 hours I have had the car and it has almost 500 miles on it!

Attachments

·
Registered
22,658 Posts
Congratulations on the upgrade, great looking new ride. :smileup:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,683 Posts
Congratulations on your new purchase! :smileup:

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,426 Posts
Sure enjoyed reading your post. You are going to love that color!! Sounds like you are having lots of fun already!! Keep us posted on any new upgrades!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Congrats on the new toy she looks sweet.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
CONGRATS on your new R/T! That Jazz Blue is an awesome color!! Have fun with all the extra HP!!:smileup:

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,639 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade:smileup:

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Hate to lose someone from the Brotherhood of the Blackberry, but I can't blame ya. The Jazz Blue looks great! And you bumped up to a HEMI. Hard to argue with any of that. Congrats.

·
12,989 Posts
Congrats on your upgrade Rob , I'm sure you will enjoy it!!
:smileup:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the Jazz Blue club!

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade! :smileup:

Enjoy the 6 speed! :Racing:

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys and gals for the congrats and well wishes! As much as I loved my SE, I am really loving the R/T....mainly for that 6 speed!!

Hate to lose someone from the Brotherhood of the Blackberry, but I can't blame ya. The Jazz Blue looks great! And you bumped up to a HEMI. Hard to argue with any of that. Congrats.
I'll tell ya Jim, if the exact same equipped cars were sitting next to each other in Blackberry and Jazz Blue.....well, I dont know what the heck I would do!!! That Blackberry got more compliments/questions/double takes than any other car I have ever had. Just two weekends ago my daughter was with me, and we were tooling around to dealers looking for a car for her and after about the 5th person said something she just said 'this is ridiculous!!' I said 'I know, I've been dealing with this for 3 years!!' :smileup:

Great decision I think if the 2014 was what you wanted. Nice ride
I went to the NY car show to see the redesign '15s (I'm sorry, but they blew it on the Charger....that front end was iconic the way it is/was as far as Im concerned). But the Challenger is a much more subtle change....I actually really like the grill on the '15 (before this new generation Challenger came out my personal favorite was the '71 model year) but the taillights were a little different and the hood has some re-sculpting. They are both nice, but for me I just knew if I was going to get an R/T in the current configuration that the opportunity was closing!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts