Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know, going from the R/T to the SXT seems backwards. I just fell in love with the 100th anniversary edition. The high octane Red and the wheels looks amazing. The deal was also amazing 6k off the sticker and a decent trade in price on mine. Driving the six is no Hemi, but I was surprised overall at the handling and power. This is my daily driver so the mileage increase will be a nice change and the biggest perk for me is I don't have to have that Timing Chain recall done. Definitely wasn't looking forward to that. I will post pictures, hopefully tomorrow if all goes well.

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
I know, going from the R/T to the SXT seems backwards. I just fell in love with the 100th anniversary edition. The high octane Red and the wheels looks amazing. The deal was also amazing 6k off the sticker and a decent trade in price on mine. Driving the six is no Hemi, but I was surprised overall at the handling and power. This is my daily driver so the mileage increase will be a nice change and the biggest perk for me is I don't have to have that Timing Chain recall done. Definitely wasn't looking forward to that. I will post pictures, hopefully tomorrow if all goes well.
Hey a Mopar is a Mopar and you're still driving a Challenger! That High Octane Red is an incredible color....all the extra goodies that come with the 100th Anniversary are really cool too! Enjoy your new ride and can't wait to see pics!

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey a Mopar is a Mopar and you're still driving a Challenger! That High Octane Red is an incredible color....all the extra goodies that come with the 100th Anniversary are really cool too! Enjoy your new ride and can't wait to see pics!
Thanks, Here is a quick pic.The car is absolutely gorgeous. Never got so many looks with my RT. Must be the color. First thing I did when I got home was to install my stealth mud guards, hate chips. Very very pleased with the whole package. Will miss the sound of the Hemi, but all in all a good deal. image.jpg

Attachments

·
Premium Member
17,675 Posts
Thanks, Here is a quick pic.The car is absolutely gorgeous. Never got so many looks with my RT. Must be the color. First thing I did when I got home was to install my stealth mud guards, hate chips. Very very pleased with the whole package. Will miss the sound of the Hemi, but all in all a good deal. View attachment 36455

Ooooooo!!!!! That color rocks!!!! Congrats on your new ride and enjoy every mile!!!! Smart move with the Stealths! Any other mods??

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
Thanks, Here is a quick pic.The car is absolutely gorgeous. Never got so many looks with my RT. Must be the color. First thing I did when I got home was to install my stealth mud guards, hate chips. Very very pleased with the whole package. Will miss the sound of the Hemi, but all in all a good deal. View attachment 36455
whatever makes you happy! You don't happen to live in Nassau county do you?

·
12,989 Posts
Good luck with your new ride!!

·
Registered
738 Posts
I really like the rims on it, Nice color as well, but I am biased when it comes to red. lol. Its true the pentastar is no Hemi, but it is no slouch either, Enjoy.

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,558 Posts
Congrats on the new ride, nothing wrong with the 3.6, the Mopar CAI adds a nice growl if you are so inclined.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great color...I went from a 2011 SRT8 automatic to a High Octane Red R/T 6 speed because of the color and trans...had a engine problem at 286 miles with the Red, so now in a Billet Silver Shaker with 6 speed and good engine...
That red is one awesome color, and they did a great job with that 100 Anniversary package!

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
That's a really sharp car there man! Congrats! I really love that color and the rims are sweet too!

·
Packin up my game gonna head out west....
2,470 Posts
Great looking ride congrats on the acquisition.

Take it easy
Jay

·
Registered
154 Posts
That isn't going backwards at all. First the engine is a better fit to what you use it for, you don't seem to be about "high" performance but "good" performance and that engine does that. And man seen those editions in person and that is no step down, that is one fine red machine. Congrats. Also, if it is what you are happy with, that's a big step up.

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone, I thought I would take a bashing for getting the six.
I still keep going outside and looking at it. It's not the RT but this package just blows me away. The seats are super comfortable and the flat bottom steering wheel really changes the feel. Driving impressions, The car has a lighter feel then the RT. Steering is lighter and quicker. The off the line feel is quite strong. I feel the difference in power when merging on a highway. Thats where the Hemi would shine. This cars has all the bells and whistles so that helps. If your buying this car to drag race this isn't the one. for a daly driver it's more then enough. Only bad part is Mods Mods Mods, thought I was done!
Thanks again for all the kind comments.

·
Registered
13,032 Posts
The only way we'd all bash you is if you sold your Challenger and got a Prius or something. Haha! A Challenger is a Challenger, they're all cool in my book! As long as your happy with it that's all that really matters, no one else will be making payments for you or plunking down that big chunk of change at the dealership, etc.

The 3.6L engine is really nice IMO. We've had three cars with that engine in it now. Had a Chrysler 200, Dodge Journey, and now my wife's Chrysler 300. That engine has more than enough power with 305hp. I never felt like any of those cars were underpowered. If you stepped on the gas it got up and went and went good.

I think you should post up some more pics when you get a chance so we can really check it out. That combination of red with those rims and stuff just looks perfect!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts