Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have a Transformer (Autobot) Badge on the front of my 2012 Challenger (pic attached), decided since the car didn't come with a hood badge, this fit perfectly.

I have an extra horn/speaker under the hood that I want to have pump out the Transformer Sound from when they change/transform. Problem is, I'm not sure what the best way to go about doing this is? Should I get an old junk MP3 player and hook it up to the speaker? I would like to be able to hit a key on the remote and have it play, kinda like the Panic button.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Just trying not to have to recreate the wheel.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
The real challenge is making your car actually transform......
I would actually just take it to a car audio shop and have them wire in a relay with a portable media device so that you can trigger it with some sort of remote. Some places may suggest getting a pair of marine speakers installed in the hood compartment instead of using the alarm speaker. One other option would be to wire a relay switch in with the emergency brake.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. The COGA PA looks pretty much like what I am envisioning. Maybe a bit too much, but I'll look around now that I know it can be done fairly cheap.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts