Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys once again! I have weird problem with my A5 2013 RT sometimes after reaching a certain speed it will get stuck on that speed and the pedal will be unresponsive almost like when I hit the governor(OFTEN) until i actually get into it then it will accelerate aggressively but cant ease into it, all I have to do is let go of the pedal all the way and step on it again it will go back to normal I have no idea what this could be, sometimes when driving aggressively on the highway if I floor it immediately without easing in to it will struggle to find a gear and throw it very hard this prompts a CEL for transmission solenoid of some sort but after a bit of normal driving it goes away, I have no idea whats going on its like it doesn't want to misbehave:confused:

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
The next time it happens, shift your autostick either up or down into the next gear. If your transmission still doesn't respond, then you likely have a gearing problem. If it does respond, then you might want to consider having the fuel injectors cleaned, and maybe run a diagnostic on the throttle body.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
Also, you mentioned a CEL code. Would it be P0730 by any chance?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, my car did the same thing three or four times code p0742 came up touque solinold stuck on. Had dealer change oil and filter and new solinold and 30 miles down the road it happened again. I read up on code and it says it could be value body or torque converter.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, mistake code is p0741, just about every little incline it goes dead for a few seconds and then bang kicks right in ,just going to drive it the way it is for now till I know exactly what it is good luck on yours

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys once again! I have weird problem with my A5 2013 RT sometimes after reaching a certain speed it will get stuck on that speed and the pedal will be unresponsive almost like when I hit the governor(OFTEN) until i actually get into it then it will accelerate aggressively but cant ease into it, all I have to do is let go of the pedal all the way and step on it again it will go back to normal I have no idea what this could be, sometimes when driving aggressively on the highway if I floor it immediately without easing in to it will struggle to find a gear and throw it very hard this prompts a CEL for transmission solenoid of some sort but after a bit of normal driving it goes away, I have no idea whats going on its like it doesn't want to misbehave:confused:
Hello I have exactly the same problem did you got a solution?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts