Trinity Tuner with PCM, worth it?

• Negative Ghost Rider

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry, but I am always skeptical on reviews and manufacturer diagnostic spreads. Was wanting to "hear" word from the horses mouth. Is this a worthy investment? I am looking to increase horse power a bit plus some added torque would be nice. I have the 3.6L. I plan on having a supercharger installed but that is a while away. Just looking to tinker with my car a bit until then. Thanks in advance for the replies.

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
From what I have seen/heard the tuners make a considerable difference on the 6.4L. You may want to contact Sean at Hemifever Tuning to see what kind of tunes he has available for the 3.6L at this time.

I had a Hemifever tune on my old R/T 5.7L and it definitely made a huge difference, very noticeable, much more power and more fun to drive. Can't speak for the 3.6L though as I have never tuned one of those.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Just to let you know, I have the Diablo i2010 tuner and Still waiting for the techs to get this working in my ride. Also a member on the Diablo Forum. its been just a little over a month and techs are still working on this Problem. Tuner just keeps saying That my Vehicle is not supported Connect to pc for an update. Did that and done every update that was personally sent to me and still nothing. I have still hope that they will figure it out and send me the Update required. Something about the cal ID is something they are working on in an update. We should have it fixed on the next release. So Faithfully there is hope. But what ever decision you make best regards.....................

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just to let you know, I have the Diablo i2010 tuner and Still waiting for the techs to get this working in my ride. Also a member on the Diablo Forum. its been just a little over a month and techs are still working on this Problem. Tuner just keeps saying That my Vehicle is not supported Connect to pc for an update. Did that and done every update that was personally sent to me and still nothing. I have still hope that they will figure it out and send me the Update required. Something about the cal ID is something they are working on in an update. We should have it fixed on the next release. So Faithfully there is hope. But what ever decision you make best regards.....................
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Unless you have lots of money to stick into it. The 3.6 computer system cannot handle a turbo or supercharger. This was right from the horses mouth at a reputable performance racing company that specializes in Mopar engines. Ruined my day :/

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unless you have lots of money to stick into it. The 3.6 computer system cannot handle a turbo or supercharger. This was right from the horses mouth at a reputable performance racing company that specializes in Mopar engines. Ruined my day :/
Did they say what it would take and/or how much a system overhaul would cost?

·
Registered
20 Posts
He basically laughed and said....thousands. Then he told me I would be better off just buying an R/T and starting over with my mods.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
He basically laughed and said....thousands. Then he told me I would be better off just buying an R/T and starting over with my mods.
That does don't really bother me either. Prob just have a little fun with this dude for a few years and trade up for an upgrade under the hood. Thanks for the info buddy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Have they told you it had something to do with being a 2013 model giving it issues or is it just your specific car is having issues? I was going to get the cheaper one as well so I could afford the ported tb. But if it won't even work on my 2013, I guess I will have to slow down on the mods and get the more expensive model to have a tuner that works on my car.

·
Registered
20 Posts
He did specifically say the 2013 model won't support it. But he could have been just singling out my model and year. You should still check into it and definitely let me know. I hope he is wrong lol

·
Registered
142 Posts
Hi, Sorry for the Late response, Mike Mendiburo got me squared away, Something about the Call id . Its working flawlessly after spending 2 1/2 months on the Diablo Forum, Updating and trying different files. Till finally we got it to work. Did the 87 tune, disabled traction control, Resized my tires so speedo reads accurate as i have tires slightly wider and slightly taller. Set Rpms to 6000 for neutral and Park, Set speed limit to 140 Mph as opposed to 117 plus. Throttle boost set to 20%. Car felt much stronger. Then I ordered From Sean at HemiFever the custom tunes . 89 octaine and the 91 octaine tune. Installed the 89 tune and man my car is like a bat out of Hell. So much power. Cant wait to try the 91 octaine tune in the near future. Cant go wrong. Best regards and hope this little write up has helped.........

1 - 11 of 11 Posts