Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP ! I have a 2009 Challenger SE.The trunk is starting to open
by itself.The dealer want's $100.00 to diagnose and that will be added to repair cost if i have them fix it.Working on a fixed income ( retired).You can hear the mechanism working after it unlocks itself.Is there something
I can do to fix this at home ? Seems like these Challengers are having lots of issues.Thanks for your help with this..

Regards,
Chris Stacey
Hampton,Va

·
801 RWHP
8,521 Posts
Need more info. When does it happen? When you are driving? After you shut it off? Where are the keys when it happens? Is it open when you go outside to it? Does it only happen when the keys are in range? Do you have spare remote? Does it happen with that one too? Try walking up to car with your spare key fob. Do not have the regular one near the car. Only the spare. Still happen? Need specific info. Could just be your key fob acting up. Are the keys in your pocket? My trunk will open when my keys are in my pocket and I bend or somehow put pressure on them just the right way.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trunk Lid.......

Here's what has happened:
I went out this morning and the trunk lid was open( unlocked).This happened
a few days ago but I thought I just didn't shut it tight.I closed it back.Went inside to get my keys.As i came out it unlocked again.Closed it and it kept doing it.Only seems to do it when key is in range.Keys are in my hand.I tried your advice about spare fob and it doesn't do it with that one.I put a new battery in the "goofy" fob and it still does it.Is fob just wore out ?Thanks for your help guys.........

Regards,
Chris Stacey
Hampton,VA

·
455 RWHP / 452 Torque
3,732 Posts
Recently mine was popping back open after closing it. Close it 4 or 5 more times and eventually it would stay closed. Got tired of that. The last couple times it happened, I tried hitting the open button on the fob while the lid was still open. Figured it might exercise the mechanism. After doing this it closed without any more issues. Might want to give that a shot. :4-dontknow:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes, Could be the fob, a piece of the carbon on the back of the button can break lose and cause the circuit to activate the trunk, open the fob and look at the back side of the buttons to see if any of the carbon is missing or lose. Had this happen on a Chevy malibu carbon was lose and would cause the panic alarm to go off by it self.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts