Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am working with Afterthoughts Auto to buy a trunk mod. It mounts to the underside with the original pin plugs. Unfortunately, the mfg can only certify that it works up to 2010 Challengers (what the ?), Covercraft. I'm including a pic of what they have to offer. Pretty cool, huh?

I was going to use others ideas and make some crates. My real desire is to be able to carry my weapons, reloads and other stuff. This looks like it would fit the bill, eh?

Does anyone know if the trunk has been modified (pin plug wise) between 2010 and 2012? Afterthoughts Auto asked it I could find out because they have been unable to.

You are all appreciated for your wisdom and desire for these vehicles to thrive :)

majorchally

Attachments

·
Premium Member
470 Posts
Looks like a decent mod to use for small tools ,flares,etc...not sure about the difference between years for the deck lid

·
Administrator
2016 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
53,727 Posts
Why don't you try to find a car lot with a 2010 and check it out in person that way you will be sure.

·
Registered
416 Posts
i would be willing to bet there is zero difference in the two year models or any year model of modern challenger.
The length between the door handle and the mirror is different on 08 -10 than on a 12 + . The mirror/ door handle is closer on a 08 - 10 than on a 12 + .There may or may not on the trunk lid I am leaning towards not.

·
Registered
22,670 Posts
Well by looking on a Chrysler parts web site I see they list the decklid and decklid interior trim as being the same for all years. I know that visually I don't see any difference.

You may want to verify this by calling your local Dodge dealership, if the replacement parts are all the same it pretty much has to be the same. I only took a quick look but the Decklid part number I see is 68044234AD and decklid interior trim 55315153AB.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I'll check on the website as well as take some measurements at a car lot.

On another note - I got to see one of the new Scat Pack Challengers. Nice deep grey with the hood scoop. Looked pretty nice. Still love my baby, though ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts