Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have been looking through different threads, here, trying to find the most cost efficient and space saving containers for the trunk of my '12 SXT. The Trunk was one of the reasons I chose the Challenger. I play electric guitar and take my amp, gig bag and guitar out quite a bit. The Camaro was way too small and forget the Mustang. There's probably more room in my trunk that there is in either of the cabins of those ;)

Some people have used boxes with Velcro on the bottom. Others have the stretch mesh with some cool ways to mount them. I thought I would reach out and ask if anyone has done something interesting? I did put some Velcro on the bottom of a 1 gallon gas container, so it doesn't bounce around in the trunk. It works really well.

So far I'm leaning towards buying a decent plastic box and covering it with some cloth similar to what's in there, mounting it with Velcro in the back end. That would leave enough room to put my amp and gig bag in with the guitar in the back seat.

Looking forward to ideas (thx in advance)

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
I suggest you look around at various stores, Target, Walmart, Sears, etc. and get an idea of the different storage containers you can buy. Also maybe Home Depot, Lowe's would be good places to buy something or just get some ideas on what would work for you.

·
Andy
3,906 Posts
ya...I like Betty's idea...that way you get the sizes you desire and you can kind of tetris them in there....get some velcro and straps and voila...custom trunk storage unit.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Momma. I have been looking at quite a few different size containers. One post here gave some good ideas for covering the container with like material.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T Classic
9,687 Posts
I use a couple of trunk organizers I bought from Harbor Freight

They run about $10 each and hold up well.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you all for your ideas. Nice! I will be checking out all the ways to figure this out.

Don't know if many of you know about the mud slide out here in Washington. There is a musicians get together this sunday to raise some money for the people affected. Now I get to enjoy taking ALL my equipment out there for use and enjoy (definitely filling the empty Chally trunk and backseat).

Anyways, I'm probably going to go with a container and glue similar type of material as the trunk on it. Should work out to pretty inexpensive.

·
Waiting for beautiful fall colors!
2020 Go Mango Scat Pack
28,469 Posts
I picked up one of these at a silent auction at a recent car show. holds enough detailing stuff for a w/e and takes up a little more than half the area under the read window ledge...

http://www.autogeek.net/car-care-trunk-organizer.html
Looks good T. I have one of those caddy type containers that people sometimes use to for cleaning supplies. Works good for detailing stuff and it has a nice handle. I carry it in my trunk all the time.

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
I've also seen people use carpet runner to cover things. You can get it in different colors and glue it to just about anything.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts