Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2010 challenger and noticed the trunk doesn't open the blinkers dont work on the inside of the car but operate fine on the outside. The dome lights don't work fuse#17 always pops the 20 amp with car off or on someone installed a system at car toys trying to figure this out please help. I always read you're guys post at work trying to figure it out .....3.5l v6 I changed the battery so far and did the tune up just need to be pointed in the right direction I'm willing to try I don't know it all but I will try.

·
What's Old is New Again!
39,856 Posts
Do you know any of the history of the car?

Reactions: BAD GRANDPA

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
hi from Texas

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,404 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Illinois!.....JMO: It appears your best option, is a trip to a dealership. The modifications to the wiring for whatever reason (radio, lighting, etc.) were butchered. The only way to get your Challenger back to normal, is with an experienced technician, with a factory wiring diagram and several labor hours. Sorry for your issues, but a WALMART stereo installer is NOT the person you want tapping into the electronics on these cars. Good luck in your quest.

·
Mopartial to Challengers
2015 SRT Hellcat
10,501 Posts
Welcome to the ChallengerForumz, and greetings from America's Finest City! You've joined an awesome community of friendly Mopar enthusiasts and the most informative Challenger forum on the web.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do you know any of the history of the car?
Nope i know it was purchased by a nba player who gave it to his brother that only did oil changes i did the tune up and battery myself. But i notice fuse 17 always pops the trunk doesnt open and the domelight doesnt work. Also the turn signals work outside the car but not the inside at all. And the digital information doesnt show up at all.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello and Welcome from Illinois!.....JMO: It appears your best option, is a trip to a dealership. The modifications to the wiring for whatever reason (radio, lighting, etc.) were butchered. The only way to get your Challenger back to normal, is with an experienced technician, with a factory wiring diagram and several labor hours. Sorry for your issues, but a WALMART stereo installer is NOT the person you want tapping into the electronics on these cars. Good luck in your quest.
It was done at cartoys so i should start there correct sir

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have a 2010 Dodge Challenger SE 3.5 liter that I recently bought I'm trying to figure out why when I changed the brake lights all the blinker signals work fine on the outside of the car but on the inside of the cluster they do not light up also my trunk does not open up I recently did a tune-up on the car and change the battery since I bought the car and I'm trying to figure these things out also fuse number 17 excuse me continues to blow can someone please help me out and tell me how to fix this problem with the dome light not working also in the car almost feeling a little hesitant to turn over when I go to start it thank you. All help is welcomed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
On my 2010 Dodge Challenger SE 3.5 liter all of the lights work fine on the outside of the car I recently change the brake lights so that the blinkers would not blink sporadically fast on the inside of the car you cannot see the turn signals light up on the cluster you also cannot see the information when you hit the extra menu selections that are on the steering wheel please help me and tell me what this could be an issue that I'm dealing with from also the dome lights do not work and I tried swapping out bulbs that I had from a piece of a center console out of a 2007 Dodge Charger SXT please let me know thank you there is an aftermarket sound system that is put into the car and wondering if that could possibly be the issue also my trunk does not open when I hit the key fob and when I press the button the side I have to crawl through the trunk to unlock the car please let me know thank you.

·
MOPAR Top Eliminator, Carlisle 2016
28,542 Posts
also my trunk does not open when I hit the key fob and when I press the button the side I have to crawl through the trunk to unlock the car please let me know thank you.
When you hit the key fob, do you hear the trunk locking mechanism release? or try to release?
Do you have keyless go? If so, is there any issue starting the car with this fob in range? Does the fob appear to be damaged in any way?
When you say press the button, do you mean the key fob button, or the trunk release button on the dash to the lower left of the steering wheel?

·
How fa$$$t do want to go?
9,404 Posts
It was done at cartoys so i should start there correct sir
Hopefully the technician that did any electrical modifications, will be able to show you exactly where the tie ins are located. Most of the electronics in these cars are through computer modules and not hard wired. One wrong splice and you've got gremlins that most people never heard of. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,301 Posts
Like BAD GRANPA said, you car sounds like it has had the wiring messed with by an amateur. I work on electric lift trucks for a living, and I know the worst condition I can run into is someone having been hacking at the harness before I got involved. Going back to installer is most likely to be an exercise in futility. They are just going to tell you they did not cause the problems. Take it to a dealer, bite the bullet and get the car back where it should be. Then you may be able to enjoy it like you should. Good luck.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Tonybrooks 99

On my 2010 Dodge Challenger SE 3.5 liter all of the lights work fine on the outside of the car I recently change the brake lights so that the blinkers would not blink sporadically fast on the inside of the car you cannot see the turn signals light up on the cluster you also cannot see the information when you hit the extra menu selections that are on the steering wheel please help me and tell me what this could be an issue that I'm dealing with from also the dome lights do not work and I tried swapping out bulbs that I had from a piece of a center console out of a 2007 Dodge Charger SXT please let me know thank you there is an aftermarket sound system that is put into the car and wondering if that could possibly be the issue also my trunk does not open when I hit the key fob and when I press the button the side I have to crawl through the trunk to unlock the car please let me know thank you.

A fast flashing signal means a bulb is burnt out, which you said you fixed.
Fuse 17 would explain pwr to trunk release, interior dome lights and hvac lite
How long ago did you change the battery?
Where does the aftermarket sound sys pwr from?
Could be a short somewhere. Does everything work until you start the car?
(after replacing #17)
Seems to me a couple of posts back in 10 or 11 the harness was chaffing in the trunk around the hinge area of the deck lid, that might be a place to start :) could be your #17 problem)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts