Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So I've read several threads about tuners and I'm curious. Have any of you added the tuner after the car had 5k miles on it? Reason I ask, is my car is completely different then before 4k. The throttle response is much better, the shift points are better, same things y'all describe with the tuner. Did it make the big driveability difference as I keep reading about?

Thanks,
skip

·
Dazed & Confused
36,571 Posts
I believe the VVT (I think) kicked in after 3750 miles if I remember correctly. It's locked out until then for some reason.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ahh, that sounds about right. I noticed it getting better, and better somewhere after 4500 it seemed totally different. So does the tuner after that make even more of difference?

·
Registered
154 Posts
My SXT had about 10,000 miles on it when I got my tuner and really made it more fun to drive!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, shoot, I was hoping it wasn't much different and I could save a couple bucks....lol

Thanks much

·
Registered
154 Posts
I bought my tuner from hemifever tuning and couldn't be happier. A tuner and a CAI really make the SXT a lot of fun to drive!

·
Banned
473 Posts
I noticed the change too. Just anecdotal, but it seemed to wake up after a little over 7K for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts