Dodge Challenger Forum banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts
Also, for folks with the STP, my dealer clued me in to something I didn't know:

When you want to totally disable TC, first put the car in Sport Mode, if that is how you are going to drive it. Then hold in the TC button until it kills TC completely. If you turn off TC completely and *then* go into Sport Mode, the Sport Mode settings will take precedence and the system will set to Sport TC settings, not completely off.

In other words, put the car in all the modes and settings you want to drive in, then totally disable TC *last*.

Reactions: boyohboy
Reactions: boyohboy
I disabled mine with the Trinity. But my dashboard is lit up like a Christmas tree now.

Remember with all the advice given on how to turn it off you also have to be doing almost 0 miles an hour while you hold the button down. I get everything set up as I'm backing out of my driveway I put it in first gear start moving very very slow towards the stop sign and I hold it down at that time never coming out of first gear and it always takes it off. Just remember for those who may have tried and failed you may be going too fast. Unless of course your car just does not support it. I left traction control enabled for months to get used to the power of the cat now I turn it off every time

New guy here with his first Challenger. It's a 2016 R/T 6 speed 5.7. I can turn the traction control to a "Sport Mode", but I don't think it is completely off. Is there a way to turn it off completely? Just for occasional use.
Ya ma just hold the brake and the traction control button Nd start button once the car starts continue holding the button s u till you hear the sound

Continue holding all three buttons, does that actually work.
Anyone else confirm this?
It's unnecessary. I posted the instructions from the manual above. All you have to do is start the car, then hold the button for 5 seconds. A chime will sound and the DID will display ESC OFF.

It's unnecessary. I posted the instructions from the manual above. All you have to do is start the car, then hold the button for 5 seconds. A chime will sound and the DID will display ESC OFF.
I don’t have the Super Track Pack so that doesn’t work on mine.
Wondering if Steves way would work on mine.

I have the 16 5.7 RT charger and mine has two separate buttons for sport mode and traction control. All I have to do is hit the traction control button and it turns on and off as I please. Same with sport mode.
That does not turn ESC totally off. Just sport mode or just tractiin control off still leaves certain nannies active.
I have a TA so I turn sport mode on and then quickly double tap and hold the traction control button. 8 to 10 seconds you hear a chime and message ESC off. This disables all the nannies. Your rear tires will hate this.

I have a 345 auto and I have a Traction Control button separate from Sport Mode. It works 100% of the time I push it. I thought with a limited slip differential (6 speed manual), it's basically a mechanical traction control?

2010, no Super Track Pack (it was a late offering in 2010. If you turn the key to ignition while driving, hold it there till you hear a chime-traction full off

21 - 37 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.