Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I've been reading some serious horror stories on here about UConnect. I have finally got my car and am loving the hell out of it. Living in Germany, I can't activate the Sirius service since it doesn't work unless you are in the US. When (or if) I return to the States, I'll activate my free 1 yr subscription to Sirius radio. But, I'm confused on some things:

- is the UConnect system 'attached' to the Sirius in some way?
- Do you have to register to use the UConnect?
- What exactly comes with a subscription to UConnect? Can it be activated outside of the US?
- My performance pages work just fine right now and I haven't registered with UConnect. I've read on another forum that several people were having issues with their UConnect and their PP went away.
- Is UConnect free only for the first year?
- Do I need to activate a UConnect subscription to use the Android Play (showing phone screen on car screen for nav, etc)?

The car is awesome! Just listening to that Hemi engine is enough music for me right now, but I know that eventually I'll want to listen to the radio/music on phone/etc. I just don't want to subscribe to something that will end up being a PITA later on.

Sorry for so many questions, but thanks in advance for any advice/answers.

·
Premium Member
2,541 Posts
I don't have all the answers but I absolutely love the UConnect! I live in a state where you have to do hands-free talking or get a ticket. And, I can activate my Siri (iPhone) through UConnect: questions about weather, trivia questions, general knowledge, etc. I'm pretty sure you don't need a subscription. I've had it on 4 cars now and never had to renew. And, here in the states, I've found the map to be very good. I'm not sure if you have to update it but that is a good question to look into. Love Sirius/XM! I just renewed and wrangled a very low price. We travel a lot and it is great for long trips.
I'm guessing you are a soldier? You must get a lot of attention with your Challenger!

·
2012 RT Redline Tri Coat
3,675 Posts
For my Challenger U-Connect was free for two years and with our Jeep GC, free for five years.

Having used other brands, I have to say it is a superior product.

Reactions: Maxedwell
1 - 3 of 3 Posts